Using pvc for HP

pixie

I am planning on using a pvc pipe for some crock pot hot process that I would like to try. I was just wondering, should I be coating the inside of the pvc pipe with anything to make un-molding easier? Cooking spray or maybe vaseline?

So far I've been using empty pringles cans and sometimes the soap just wants to stick to the mold and comes out looking really rough.

I have used PVC pipe without any lining and got impatient with unmolding. Even greased my formula is just sticky and took a trip to the freezer before coming loose. Your HP may be AOK without any special treatment (just watch that it doesn't get so hot in the pipe that it causes distortion - boy is that hard to get out!)

I've had really good luck with PVC lined with various things: A tube of freezer paper or a sheet of thin craft foam have been favorites. Some soaping friends of mine use plastic sleeves similar to what newspapers are delivered in in the pipe. Have fun! :)

I usually spray a little cooking spray down in the tube and I also put it in the freezer for a few minutes to help the soap pop out...probably overdoing it a little but it's a pain when the soap doesn't slide out.