ISO a great, non-sticky hand sanitizer recipe or base

Guest PassionSunKiss

Guest PassionSunKiss

I haven't a clue on how to make a hand sanitizer. Any suggestions? Are there any directions on how to make them?

TIA!!!

Guest PassionSunKiss

Thats awesome, thanks for the tip! Do you by any chance know the FDA regulations as far as labeling goes? I stumbled onto a forum that someone mentioned that you can't state on the label the it kills germs because you're making a claim. Someone mentioned putting "Waterless Hand Cleaner" on the label, but if someone asked you what it does you simply say "it cleans your hands without water", but if a customer asks if it kills germs, you cannot say "yes or no" because again, you'd be making a claim. It is all so confusing.

• 4 weeks later...

For labeling- hmm, good question. I followed BC's labeling from their website. Now I'm kind of questioning it myself, though. This is the only product that I have anything that could be a "claim", now I'm nervous about it!

For EOs- I have used a patchouli, sweet orange and lemon EO blend and it worked well! However, I make this EO blend for my own use, so I haven't tried any other.

Thanks for the links! I have some reading to do now. :) At this point, I am just making the sanitizer for my own family use, so it looks like I'll just keep doing that. Now I am a little confused about the misbranding if I even don't label it as a hand sanitizer!