salts packaging and coffee bags

Scented

Wow. I got some salts from someone on here packaged like that and nothing like that happened. I don't want to use the tubes and I don't really want to do jars either, sigh.

Edited by Scented

The ones at Elements have the polypro liner, so maybe that is what is needed to handle the fo/eo? The place below sells the tin-tie coffee bags, plain or with a window, and they have the liner. Not sure if the colored ones have the liners. Website also mentions people use them for bath salts. The 100 count box for the 1/2 lb or 1 lb gets them down to around .17 cents a bag, depending on size, etc. That's not too bad a price for packaging and a cute idea. Making some Fairy Dust for my little niece, was wondering what I was going to put it in.

If anything, you can buy a small 10 bag sample pack to test just to make sure.

http://www.cw-usa.com/supplies-coffeebags.html

I have quite a few restaurant supply type links around somewhere. I'll dig through those, see if they have the closable bags.

Edited by ProudMarineMom

I checked and mine were not Poly pro bags, that would be why they were eaten up, I used them in the tin tie bags also. I love how they look in the bags but if the are not lined they do stain the bag and the salt becomes a soggy clump fast. I punched holes near the top and ran a ribbon throw them or raffa, with a hang tag. I will get some poly pro bags and try it in them. I don't want glass either as I hate to think of it breaking and have heard of some exploding also.

So, do you think it would be better to do like Scented asked, a polypro bag inside the tin-tie? If you just use a polypro lined bag, do you think it would have the issue with staining or clumping? I understand you haven't tested that, just your opinion.

I would put it in the poly pro bag first, I would think even with the lining it would come through and dampness get in. It really depends on where you live also In New England it is damp right now we have had a lot of showers ( I have my dehumidifier on) tends to be humid during the summer so the bag would break down quicker with the salts in it. I don't think the bags have a very good lining in them to withstand it. The Bags I had were not lined at all and were a mess with in 2 or 3 days, so I tried putting them in zip lock bag, that was eaten in about a week. Have you seen any of the tin tied with poly pro? But then again you would not be able to punch hole in it for ribbon and tag, so I would still do it with both bags.

Scented,

Ok, dug through my restaurant links and couldn't find quite what I was looking for. And, the coffee supply links only had the bags with the valves. Anyway, are you looking for the tin-tie type bags or the stand up pouches ( as you said :) ) that are made out of different materials? Like those in the link below...

http://www.stockbagdepot.com/stand-up-pouches/

Not sure how their prices are and you have to buy 1,000. Just trying to figure out what type of bag you are looking for.

Lovely Lathers, the link in my previous post is to a supplier that has poly-lined tin-tie bags. hth

I want the stand up pouches really. You can see the product and have a label area that doesn't cover it If those pouches would work and if I could get a price on those, I wouldn't be opposed to a coop. I just want to be sure before I spend my cash as I've sort of been on a spending spree I shouldn't have been on ... ha.