Testing Tarts Question

SuzyK

So, I'm testing my first tarts. It's only been 2 days for the one I am testing so maybe I should have let it cure longer.

Anyway, When you're testing your tarts, how many do you put in the warmer at a time? Right now I just put one cube in and I can just smell it in the room it's in and a little down the hallway. It's been in for about 20 minutes. My apartment is only 940 sq ft, so I assume it should smell up my whole place.

Sounds very good. We sell various sizes and shapes of tarts. When we test, we test a fluted or scallop tart that weighs a little over an ounce. We let them cure three full days. If weak, we let cure another 4 days which makes a full week. If still not good, we toss and start over again with a new supplier's FO in that scent.

Thanks for that info. That's kind of how I was thinking to do it too.

It's 10 pm here and those 2 cubes have been burning strong since 12:30 this afternoon! I'm pretty happy so far!

The scent is Monkey Farts :). I let my kids pick which one to do first.

I turned it off over night because I am paranoid about leaving it on while I sleep. I turned it back on this morning at 8:30 and I can still smell it. I say this is a winner! I've had to open my windows today since it's a warm day so the smell may not be as strong.

I am so excited!!! Now to test the next one :)

Congratulations, Suzy!

Thank you!!! I am loving this so far. I did another batch last night and my Presto Pot heated much quicker than it had with the other batches so my wax heated to well over 200. Not sure that batch will turn out very well.

Thank you!!! I am loving this so far. I did another batch last night and my Presto Pot heated much quicker than it had with the other batches so my wax heated to well over 200. Not sure that batch will turn out very well.

It doesn't matter that the wax heated to over 200, just let it cool to the desired temp and it will be fine.

I can't remember what wax you are using, but I do know monkey farts from NG is extremely strong in tarts. I also made my daughter a wickless candle and after months she still is burning it! :) fun scent!

It doesn't matter that the wax heated to over 200, just let it cool to the desired temp and it will be fine.

I just saw this. Thanks for that info. That's exactly what I did but I panicked a bit because I didn't think it was supposed to go over 200 degrees for some reason. I haven't tested the scent yet so we'll see.

The reason wax shouldn't go over 200 is it would be in danger of bursting into flames.

And as for one or two cubes, it depends on the size of the bowl. I have two different size warmers. One will only fit one cube and the other needs two cubes to be 1/2" deep and safely melt.

Congrats on your success...it will just lead you to want more, though. :grin2:

Thanks for that information. I do keep the lid handy. I've sort of gotten the hang of the presto pot so it doesn't get too hot again.

I have been testing with 2 cubes.

It does lead me to want more. lol. I have quite a few scents that I need to test. It's been fun!