My first Melts/Tarts!

SuzyK

Remember my post about being nervous to start? Here's the pics of them. I'm really proud for them to be my first! I only have a tiny spot of frosting on one of the clamshells I did.

They are Black Raspberry Vanilla scented.

CandleStuff025Small.jpg

CandleStuff028Small.jpg

CandleStuff026Small.jpg

CandleStuff029Small.jpg

Thank you so much! I walked in from church today and my apartment smelled so good! I just poured a batch of Monkey Farts.

I feel like I should be in a segment of Mr. Roger's or Sesame Street. You know, like when they showed how to make crayons?

Lol. I can't stop thinking about all these scents I have here and when I'm going to be able to pour them and picking the color. But, I'm just going to do a few to see how the hot throw is. The cold throw so far is strong. The batch of Monkey Farts look and smell great as well. :)

A big thanks to everyone on this board. I've been reading and reading information on here for the last 3 months and that's how I knew what to do.

Beautiful! Someday my tarts will be pretty like yours! (I had to say it because I know it'll make your feel good, but it's also VERY true)

Aww, it does make me feel good. I am surprised mine turned out so good for my first try. I hope they smell as good as they look in a warmer.

I am sorry yours aren't working out.

I'm just fighting with frosting. It's no big. I'm the one who decided that I HAD to use soy wax I could buy in town & I'm satisfied with it's ability to take scent which was my biggest worry. And really I just picked up some soy additive so I just need to stop being distracted by body butter and go see if that makes it all better. . . so I really don't have much room to complain. But those even colored smooth things do spark a bit of envy.

Hopefully the soy additive will help with your frosting issues. It took me forever to choose a wax and then when I chose, I wanted a supplier close too. The closest was in Washington though. Shipping wasn't terrible.

I'm in Portland so I thought that might be the case when you said WA.

Just in case you didn't already know there is a supplier in driving distance from you. One day while I was waiting for a shipment I went crazy and tracked down as many local suppliers as possible, just in case I needed to not have a wait for some reason.

http://www.candlesoylutions.com/thumbnail.asp

I have been to that site before. Their prices are really really high compared to where I get my wax. And they didn't have the wax I chose to work with. Their case of wax is almost $30 more than Brambleberry's.