Anyone use 4761?

I tested about 15 lbs of this wax over the summer and could not get it to be a one-pour to save my life. Although it does have a great throw when wicked proprely. Of course, now I am testing it again and still can't get it to be anything close to a one-pour. I poured some votives this morning and used C&S suggestion of pouring at 200 degrees. Well, the votives now have shrunk considerably and so I will be repouring later. This summer I tested it at temps from 160 to 185. Is there anyone that uses this wax successfully? Just wondering if I am missing something or if this is just not a one-pour period. I hate to give up on it, so just looking for any suggestions. Thanks.

I'm using standard metal votive molds (unheated) with wick pins. Pouring at 175 still shrinks enough that I need to repour. Can't just smooth out with a heatgun. Pouring at any temp gives me this problem, just in varying degrees. I need to look back through my notes, but I'm not sure if I tried pouring into heated molds. I think I did, but I'll check and see.

I poured some more votives about an hour ago at 170. I heated half of the molds and did not heat the other half. The votives have shrunk a bit and I wouldn't sell them like that (and since it's only been an hour, they haven't even completely cooled yet). Maybe I can fix these with a heatgun, but it's too soon to tell. Does anyone use this wax?

I did use it....and dumped it quick. I was so frustrated with that wax :undecided I switched to 4794 and have stuck with that for 2 yrs now. I love 4794. It's not a single pour (i'm not aware of a single pour votive wax existing), but as far as hot/cold throw, and the ability to get deep rich colors...you can't beat it. :D

I used 4794 for about 2 years and I love it too. My local supplier doesn't carry it and so I tested 6228 and 4761. I have been using 6228, but now that I've finished my last case of it, I want to go back to 4794 (even if I have to pay shipping for it). 6228 just isn't my favorite and it doesn't look at good as 4794 (imho). But since I can get 4761 locally, I thought I would give it one last try. Plus, I'm just stubborn and it irritates me that it won't be a one-pour for me. I don't like being defeated by my wax, lol.

I used the 4761 several years ago, since it was advertised as "one-pour". I got enough shrinkage to require a second pour, but because I had poured the first above the lip of the mold there was no easy way to fill the dip without causing a big mess. Needless to say I only got one slab of it.