glas glow from Aztec

I got a sample size of glas glow from Aztec and it turned out really nice. DOn't have a camera that works, but the candle is underwicked and is leaving a pretty shell on the glass with the flickering flame through it and looks really cool. Does anyone do that deliberately?

Glass Glow appears to be underwicked until the last third or quarter of the container. I love the effect! When testing container palm wax, it's absolutely critical to burn the candle all the way to the end before deciding it's underwicked (unless, of course, the poor thing drowns out). The pretty shell and luminary effect of palm wax is my favorite property of it.

If it helps, here's a link to a couple of photos I posted some time ago showing how GG burns in the large metro (status) container.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?89992-Dollar-Tree-Status-Type-Jar-amp-Glass-Glow-Container&p=831493#post831493

It does generally do that but the size of the container can make a diff in the burn too. My old containers had a diameter of 3.2" and the wax on the sides generally didn't catch up until the last half of the burn. My new jars have a smaller diameter of less than 3" and they can start getting a full melt pool by the second burn. At least the sides start burning down before it reaches midway thru the candle. Either way I still get that trademark 'glow' when my candles burn.