Baskets

With Easter just around the corner I've seen some really nice baskets at stores. Do they usually have them at a discount after Easter? The baskets would be great to use as gift baskets. I can't recall ever seeing baskets on sale after Easter but I really never paid attention. Thanks.

Laura

I would suggest you ask the store. Nobody here controls or has any inside knowledge of what retail outlets put on sale.

That may not be true. OP did not asking for "inside knowledge", but just if anyone here has seen Easter baskets discounted after Easter. By me generally holiday specific stock goes to clearance after the holiday and lasts until it is all sold. I absolutely love sifting through clearance merchandise for amazing deals! I would, however agree with Sliver as to checking with the store- some stores do not clearance, but instead keep it at warehouse or send back to manufacturer.

If you do find baskets that are on clearance and in large quanities, ask the manager if they would take the price down of you buy all of them. I know that both walmart and walgreens do it.

Edited by bearmnt

It will depend on the store. Some places pull their product immeadiately after the holiday and send it to the manufacturer or thier warehouse.

It might be best to go on easter proper or in the morning the day after to get the best opprotunity. The manager is usually in in the mornings on weekdays so that's the best time to talk to them about doing a special discount.

I have a tax free card with Walmart as a wholesaler. Usually, they only place Easter baskets on clearance (tall weave baskets) and not those other baskets that we use for heavey items like candles and soap. You just have to look and then ask for a manager to see if you can get a deal on them. HTH

Steve