New from Minnesota

Hi everyone,

This is my first time in my life that I join a candle forum:cheesy2: I recently took up candle making as I was without a job for a while. I brought three of my candles to a store where a friend of mine works and they were sold in 15 minutes time. It was then that I decided to join a forum so I can learn more about the candle making.

With that said, I would like to know how you measure how much candle wax you need to make a certain candle!:confused:

Hi, Welcome to Craftserver, you're in for information overload here!

This link will help you with your original question: http://www.candletech.com/general-information/handy-calculators/

Check out the other links on top of that page, it is chuck full of info.

I suggest you read, read, read here.

Use this search feature to help you search what interests you: Google Site Search:

"You can also use Google to help you search the entire site. Just go to Google's Homepage and type in the word "site" followed by a colon. ex - SEARCH WORDS site: candletech.com

So if I wanted to look for pillars I would type into the Google serch bar: pillars site:candletech.com (click on the search term to see the results).

Happy searching :)"

Sorry, I'm a little late in getting back to you.

Here is how I determine how much wax I need for a container and/or mold:

1st you need a scale since everything having to do with candlemaking should be done by weight - not volume.

Put you container on the scale and tare the weight (set to zero) fill the mold with water. Then take that weight and multiply it by .86 - that will give you the total amt of wax and FO that you will need.

I always round up ..... it's really depressing when you come out short but you can live with having a little left over...kwim

Hi everyone,

This is my first time in my life that I join a candle forum:cheesy2: I recently took up candle making as I was without a job for a while. I brought three of my candles to a store where a friend of mine works and they were sold in 15 minutes time. It was then that I decided to join a forum so I can learn more about the candle making.

With that said, I would like to know how you measure how much candle wax you need to make a certain candle!:confused:

Welcome to the Board! Please don't take this wrong, but you recently took up candle making and have already sold 3? Have you tested them from beginning to end? Do you have insurance? I'm surprised no one else commented on this. I hope you are not selling without a tried and true process and insurance. It's hard to wait to sell in these economic times, but you could be opening the door to economic disaster if you're not careful. That said, I wish you much success. I know you will learn alot here.:smiley2: