Sheeran Handbag

katshe

Here is my newest bag and finally it is something I love. I have made many bags that haven't turned out well. this one I think is perfect

Lots of pockets and a great size for what I need it for.

I plan on putting a magnetic closure on it today then it will be finished. :yay:

give me your thoughts on it and if it needs something that you thinks its missing.

I may even start making these bags to sell on my website in the future. My daughter is modeling the bag in the first pic...last pic you can see bottom cardboard that i plan to cover with lining fabric too.

post-4813-139458478876_thumb.jpg

post-4813-139458478851_thumb.jpg

post-4813-139458478873_thumb.jpg

I LOVE your handbag! I was looking for something just like it to carry my personal things to a craft fair. The handle looks so comfy and the inside is spacious wth just enough pockets. I wish you were selling these now because I'm looking for one and the colors are perfect. I've been scouring through etsy trying to find a bag just like this. Good job! Let us know when you start selling them!

sbs thank you so much for the positive review!!!

I will be making a Navy blue sort of patch work one today and if all goes well i'll be putting it up for sale tomorrow on the site...

Navy one will be a smidge bigger ..like maybe an inch or two wider and an inch taller.

that fabric like so many of the fabrics I have are one of a kind pieces but i can maybe post some pics of other fabric I have ready to make this bag later this week.

the brown bag is 13.5 wide x about 9 " tall & 4 " depth

Ok let's name that bag ...Seriously I need help naming this bag

my ideas

Sheeran Handbag

Katshe Handbag

Sheek Handbag by K.S.E..

or something like

Little Sassy Bag ( only thought of this cause that was what my mom called me when i was a kid...Sassy kathy!)

All suggestions are welcome

thanks so much

Kathy

Here she is... Sheeran Handbag in Blue Patch Work!

5 inside pockets about 6" deep with elastic round top of each pocket.

I also put in a fabric covered piece of thin hardwood to firm up the bottom. no saggy bottom. :)

Oh I have some great fabric for the next one ...kind of couchy fabric tanish with burgundy/brown leaf design.

post-4813-139458478992_thumb.jpg

post-4813-139458478994_thumb.jpg

post-4813-139458478997_thumb.jpg

post-4813-139458478999_thumb.jpg

Edited by katshe

I vote Sheeran Handbag! I thought for sure more people would have commented on this lovely bag by now but the boards are pretty quiet.. Maybe because of the maintenance break we had???

I can't believe i found more of this fabric when i went back to the store...I will be making another Sheeran Handbag in the browns that you liked and maybe not so many pleats :0... but still will have 5 pockets

Smallwhitedogs...I only said that cause it seemed that I was not getting any responses for a while and you know, I thought maybe I was the only one who liked it lol...Katshe is the first three letters of my first and last name and also my screen name on this board :) I like it too ! hmmm...still need a closure for the bag ...I tried the metal measuring tape idea and I am not sure I like it so I may just go with the magnetic closure or zipper...gonna ponder this for another day then hopefully by the time I am finishing the next bag I will have decided.

I like the patchwork very much. Using different colors and even different quilting patterns would give you a lot of variation. Very nice. Beth

Good ideas ! I am so not a quilter but i will be doing a colorful bag too I am still in the search for what is in my mind as far as colors and type of fabric for the colorful Handbag...

thanks Beth!

I absolutely LOVE your handpainted fabric. WOW...you are very talented. I think you and I have similar taste. Even though I'm not a kid anymore I still like wild and crazy looking clothes and fabrics.

BTW...my grandaughter loved her bag. She couldn't get done admiring it and thanking me.

I will be anxious to see your handpainted fabric bag when it is finished.

Sad news today about the hand painted fabric... I washed it and it is pealing...I will have to redo using less paint and go from there. this paint is not supposed to ruin in the wash but it did. UGH!

It still looks cool to me but I may just wrap it around a piece of hardboard and call it a painting and do a new fabric painting with some thinner paint

Oh shoot...that's the kind of stuff that happens to me. The best laid plans turn out that something goes wrong. Can't wait to see your new fabric painting.

I discovered...over the weekend...that the blade on my rotary cutter was too dull. The only way it would cut fabric was running it backwards...lol. So...I checked the name on the cutter and blade size to buy replacement blades. On top of that I was designing my biscuit quilt. I am using the instructions from a quilting book but not using their fabric suggestions...mine is going to be patriotic. When I drew my design on paper I discovered I forgot to buy solid dark blue for those blocks and also miscalculated the amount of star patterned fabric. I needed an extra yard of that. So...off to JoAnn Fabric. Luckily they had enough of the star pattern fabric left. Then when I looked for the blades for my rotary cutter...they don't even sell that brand of cutter anymore. (I bought this one about 11 years ago) So I had to buy a new rotary cutter and decided to splurge on a 5 pack of blades. Man...those thing aren't cheap. The cutter was $30. and the blades were $35. I was NOT expecting to spend that much money today. LOL

oh thats alot of cash for a blade...i buy thread from threadart at great prices ...they carry rotary cutters too and blades...you should check it out and compare prices

her is the link http://www.threadart.com/shop/category.aspx?catid=61

it is under quilting then rotary cutters I think.

I haven"t gotten to the painting yest but soon.

I made a couple more Sheeran Handbags and still need to add the clasp/zipper ...ugh still deciding...

Thanks for the link katshe. I was checking things there a little bit last night...till the storm rolled in so shut down the computer.

One of my best friends told me that if I decided to make a lot more bags...like at Christmas time...she would do it assembly line style. Sounds like that is maybe what you are doing too. That's okay as long as you are using similar fabric...I hate to have to keep changing bobbins and spools of thread. The best part of sewing is the actual sewing. lol

I am not really assembly line style yet lol...just one bag a day ...i have them all cut and ready to sew. If I could find some magnetic snap closures locally I could have them done but not able to find them at michaels or walmart so i may have to order them online. What would be ideal for my bag would be a strip of magnet for closure since the center top is straight and the sides are gathered...hmmm where to find that?

I would think you could buy sheets of magnet. I bought a box of Avery...can't think of what they call them...but they are for printing you own refrigerator magnets and are a solid sheet that you would then cut. I never used them...lol. So it would seem they have to be out there somewhere.

I'm pretty sure JoAnn Fabric has the metal snap closures because the other bag pattern that I bought there says to use them for the purse I want to make...later...someday. I've never looked IN their store but I am almost sure I saw them on a JoAnn flyer/handout that the lady had given me just on Monday when I was there. They are having a sale on things you need to make bags like handles etc. I wasn't planning to go back for a while...I hope so anyway lol...so I put it in the recyle bin and of course they came today. Maybe check their website.

Thanks Maggie...going to joanns tonight see what I can find...it's just that the joanns that was a minute from my house has been gone for a year now an I have to go quite a ways to another store...I did see magnetic clasps on their site. A magnetic sheet would be good if it was strong enough.