How do you get fragrance oil off your hands?

Stainless steel - I received a bar of soap (shaped like a bar of soap) made from SS as a gift that is supposed to remove garlic and onion scents. Works great on FO's too. However if you have SS sink in your kitchen you can do the same thing. Just rub your wet hands on the SS and rinse them with cold water. Repeat until the scent it gone. The one area it doesn't work as well is under the fingernails even with a nail brush. Look in kitchen stores and you'll find them.

HTH

I use chemical/puncture resistant latex free gloves. I suffer from dermatitis badly on my hands normally and if I get fo on them it takes weeks to get back to normal. I use latex free because my sister has latex allergy and I am just not willing to take chances. Sorry I cant help with getting it off your hands other than wash them alot.

Tammy

Thanks everyone. I have tried the gloves. And tried again. Just can't do it. I don't know why but creeps me out somehow. Losing that sense of touch bothers me.

I will try the stainless steel trick. My sink is stainless steel. Will look for that steel thing at Bed Bath and Beyond in the kitchen gadget section next time I'm there.

Whenever I'm done working with fragrance oil, I ALWAYS use Dawn dish soap. It works great! And you only need alittle bit too. It's never mattered which Dawn dish soap it is, any of them work. Either that or you could try that Goop stuff that mechanics and whatnot use. I've used that too and it gets rid of the oil. HTH!

The dishsoap has been my way of getting FO off of things too. I use a ton of it to clean out bottles. Seriously squeese some into the bottle and roll it around on the sides & rinse until it stops bubbling.

With the lips I ususally run to the bathroom and wash my face with milk soap. It doesn't make all the FO go away but it makes it stop burning, which makes me happy.

I'm with you on the hating gloves. I've never been able to stand not touching things. It used to drive my dad crazy when I kept taking them off when we were out cutting wood or I was working in the garden but I perfer splinters to feeling like a complete klutz.

I tend to use rubbing alcohol a lot when I'm making B&B, I started using it because it cut through the oils I was using but have noticed that it does pretty effectively kill any FO's I get on my hands. The downside is then you're hands are REALLY dry from the alcohol, but when I'm doing B&B it gives me a really good excuse to try out whatever I was making.

Whenever I'm done working with fragrance oil, I ALWAYS use Dawn dish soap. It works great! And you only need alittle bit too. It's never mattered which Dawn dish soap it is, any of them work. Either that or you could try that Goop stuff that mechanics and whatnot use. I've used that too and it gets rid of the oil. HTH!

I'll buy some Dawn. The stainless steel trick is working pretty good, too. We're a Palmolive family :rolleyes2

Agree. My mentor taught me to use these to wipe out pour pots to remove many residual scents. I buy baby wipes all the time; excellent makeup removers.:smiley2:

I know nothing about the current market for baby wipes, seems they have a zillion kinds now. Does it matter which one? Or just any unscented brand?