The Candlemaker Store

rachelb5499

Have you guys used any of their "B" fragrance oils aka "manufacturer's grade?"

What have you thought of the quality, etc?

(I ONLY do bath and body so inquiring about how they do in those types of products.)

I'm HATING that they don't offer sample sizes or sniffies in their "Grade B"

I have used a few of their grade B fo's, but, in candles. I have used only one of their scents in lotions, body sprays and that was the Coco Chanel Mademoiselle found under the Perfume Types. Worked great in those applications. However if you're inquiring about how they work in soaps I can't be of any help there. HTH.

I also use their oils, they are very watery compared to other suppliers- do not soak well into aroma beads. I use B grade, did not see a difference in A grade. They do offer 1 oz for B grade. Currently they are buy 3 1oz get 1 free. The thing I hate the most is no descriptions for the oils- I have even emailed and asked them for some idea and they were unable to provide any...:confused:

All in all, their coconut and mac apple are amazing! Lavender vanilla too. HTH

The thing I hate the most is no descriptions for the oils- I have even emailed and asked them for some idea and they were unable to provide any...:confused:

Their site reads:

FRAGRANCE SCENT DESCRIPTIONS

Due to the subjectivity of smell, we do not list fragrance descriptions. Obviously many scents are self-explanatory, such as Apple Pie, Wild Cherry, etc.. We also realize that many scent names have no descriptive nature to them, but we do not want to mislead you with an opinionated description.

Well that's just dumb. Scent descriptions give an "idea" of what to look for. Nothing wrong with that. Sounds like they are just being lazy about it.

Thanks, Everyone! I might have to beg for some sniffies from you guys! (hint, hint) Hmmm, I only see 1oz bottles of "A grade" listed on their site, and I swear I emailed them about "B grade" and was told no....they only sell B in 16oz.

I hate the lack of description too...(they'd make my job on my site so much easier if I didn't have to totally come up with a description for each scent on my own so I know what you mean,) but I've used some of AAA's oils and they put me in the same boat....heh heh They don't seem to want to change anything either. But nerve wracking to buy 16oz. of a "B oil" just to see if you like it, if it's strong enough, and if it works in your product(s).

Thanks, Everyone! I might have to beg for some sniffies from you guys! (hint, hint) Hmmm, I only see 1oz bottles of "A grade" listed on their site, and I swear I emailed them about "B grade" and was told no....they only sell B in 16oz.

Yes, my apologies- the 1 oz are A grade...

I agree that I dislike their no descriptions as some scents may be explanatory, but, many are not. Any time I have ever been unsure of a scent I send them an email and ask for a description. Never had any problems outta them not wanting to send me a descrip or not responding.

Hm, that is weird. I received the "we do not want to mislead you and therefore cannot give descriptions..." response when I asked for a general idea. C'mon now... Breate, Brando... what in the world would they even smell like? :confused:? LOL

I got the same response, Envy. :) No worries about the 1oz. I wish they did 1oz in Grade B. :(

Faery, are the ones you use Grade B? How would you feel about sending me "sniffies?" (Dipped Qtips in separate bags.)

I wouldn't mind at all. I use their A and B FO's.

Edited by Faerywren