quick consignment question..what do you think?

SaraScribbles

My sister in laws, husbands niece is a rep for "cookie lee jewelry" and got my info from my sil, (who has a way of forcing things on you...). But she contacted me about selling my candles and bath & body stuff on consignment at craft shows that she does. She's in MT and we're in VT, so while it would be a way to get my products to an entirely different area, I'm just not sure, (then again, I can't make up my mind on anything...anyone know what I want for christmas???:confused:)

What would you do in my position?

TIA,

Sara

Well, shipping should be a big factor. It's one thing to have to ship to a wholesale account, they pay for the shipping. But on consignment, it's a cost incurred by you on an item that may or may not sell and it will cut into your profit.

I would investigate your shipping options (ie..delivery services vs. trucking maybe) and cost it out. Can you recoup the cost of shipping in your retail price? Will you need to raise your prices? What about damaged/broken items? You'll have to decide if it's effective for you. HTH.