Wild-Fire FOs

HorseScentS

I've read raves about some of Wild-Fire Creations' FOs & I'm thinking of buying some to try, so I'm wondering which are her own blends & which are identical to Peaks or Candle Science? Which are the fave raves from Wild-Fire? I read that some prefer her WVS above all others. I know opinions vary...

Wild-Fire FO List: http://www.wildfire-creations.com/Candle_supplies2.htm

I've pretty much tried all of her oils, and none seem identical to Peak or Candle Science to my nose. They are all awesome! Hard to explain, but just special somehow. I especially love her Spiced Cranberry, Rustic Jeans, Tin Star, Fireside Inn, Amber & Honeysuckle, Iced Lemon Biscotti, Ms. Randy's Vanilla Bean (one of the best vanillas out there, imo), Apple Strudel, Orange Chiffon Cake, Cactus Lime Sugar, Warm Vanilla Sugar, and Winter Blast. You won't be disappointed with anything from Wildfire.

Think I'll pour some Wildfire FO very soon. :)

I've pretty much tried all of her oils, and none seem identical to Peak or Candle Science to my nose. They are all awesome! Hard to explain, but just special somehow. I especially love her Spiced Cranberry, Rustic Jeans, Tin Star, Fireside Inn, Amber & Honeysuckle, Iced Lemon Biscotti, Ms. Randy's Vanilla Bean (one of the best vanillas out there, imo), Apple Strudel, Orange Chiffon Cake, Cactus Lime Sugar, Warm Vanilla Sugar, and Winter Blast. You won't be disappointed with anything from Wildfire.

Think I'll pour some Wildfire FO very soon. :)

what type of wax do you use nmhoneybear?

i have never heard of this fo supplier..

but always like to try something new..:)

what type of wax do you use nmhoneybear?

i have never heard of this fo supplier..

but always like to try something new..:)[/quote/]

I use 4794 for votives. All of these throw amazingly well in this wax. I don't think I have made jars or tarts with any of WF's FO yet, but I plan on it.

Actually, Wildfire was one of the very first places that I ever ordered from when I started making candles back in November '06. Funny thing was, she accidentally mixed up my order with someone else and just let me keep what I received. It was several two ozers and a whole pound of Ms. Randy's Vanilla Bean! That's how I know how good THAT stuff is! lol

Thank you so much! I live near her, so I didn't know if I should start with FOs from CS or just start with hers & not pay shipping.

You are SO lucky to live close to a supplier...especially her! She doesn't have a huge selection, but what she does have is top-notch.

You are SO lucky to live close to a supplier...especially her! She doesn't have a huge selection, but what she does have is top-notch.

YES! :yay: I'm thrilled & quite surprised! I don't know if she sells any other candle-making supplies, though, because I haven't been to her shop & the website looks like she only sells FOs.

I think she just sells her own candles and the fragrance oil. If you look at the top of the FO page, there are links to the other pages of her site. I don't see supplies. Anywhere you could save on shipping would be worthwhile. Every penny counts these days!

She's been around a good many years. I think because of her small selection, she doesn't get the press she deserves.

Her Sun Washed Linen is possibly the most powerful FO I've ever poured. It's right up there, anyway.

And her Cowboy Up is by far the best leather I've ever used.

I love Winter Blast but it doesn't sell all that well for me. I always keep it around, though.

Tin Star is very unique and a must have in my inventory of "hippie type" scents.

And so forth.

I live somewhat close to her (same state), but she only ships UPS, so my living fairly close doesn't save me a nickle on shipping. I would order more often if she utilized a cheaper carrier. To pay around $12 to ship 3 or 4 bottles isn't something I will ever deal with. Not gonna happen.

Are you listening, Linda?

:P

And her Cowboy Up is by far the best leather I've ever used.

Out of curiosity, I noticed that her description of this scent said "leather mixed with a popular men's cologne" -- is the 'cologne' part noticeable, and if so, do we know which men's cologne? That would be helpful information to pass along to our customers.

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, I noticed that her description of this scent said "leather mixed with a popular men's cologne" -- is the 'cologne' part noticeable, and if so, do we know which men's cologne? That would be helpful information to pass along to our customers.

Thanks!

I'm not positive but it seems like I once heard it was Drakkar. It's not noticeable. Whatever it is, it just gives it a little something special.

That said, why on earth would you tell your customers something like that? That falls in the TMI category, imo.

I live somewhat close to her (same state), but she only ships UPS, so my living fairly close doesn't save me a nickle on shipping. I would order more often if she utilized a cheaper carrier. To pay around $12 to ship 3 or 4 bottles isn't something I will ever deal with. Not gonna happen.

Are you listening, Linda?

:P

Will she let me pick up her FOs if I drive to her shop?

You would have to ask her.

I just called her & she said you can pick up FOs from her place if you call in advance because she doesn't have a shop.

Because biz is slow, she won't be able to reorder the Vanilla that's out of stock unless she gets enough pre-sales on it that she can buy the minimum number of pounds from the mfg.

She's kinda thinking of getting a retail space & selling more supplies than just the FOs, but not sure.