So Angry!!!! Beware of scentoils.com (kinda long)

:mad:Okay, I suppose that some of this may be on me, but I need to vent. Before Christmas, I ordered some warmers from scentoils.com. When my shipment arrived, my order was short, some were broken, and they had replaced some of the out-of-stock ones with some random warmers. When I called about this, the lady was very nice about it all. She told me that their warehouse had burned down and that they had seasonal help and that she would ship my missing ones out to me.

It takes 5 business days to get a ground package from there in CA to here in MS. So, I waited. When I got the replacement order...STILL WRONG! I called back just to tell her that I didn't want anything from them other than to make them aware of them problem.

So, I called them around February, to see if things had improved for them because I really like their warmers, and they had the mosaic glass plug-ins with the dial on them that I can't seem to find anywhere else. Well, she assured me that everything was much better. I didn't order just then though.

Well, last week, I placed an order online. By Friday, it had not shipped, so I called. She told me that they were really backed up because they had just moved warehouses about two weeks ago (I'm thinking 'AGAIN?'). She assured me that the order would go out that day or Monday. So on Monday, I called to make sure it was going out. She told me that it would go out the next day, so I reminded her of what she said to me on Friday. She told me that the warehouse employees had not gotten any of her orders out, but that she would try to go and push it out. Okay, I only had a slight problem with that, but I didn't say anything...THEN about 15 minutes later she told me that she didn't have three of the styles that I wanted in stock (which amounted to nine warmers). I told her okay. THEN about 10 minutes after that, she told me that she didn't have two of the larger warmers that I had ordered. I really needed these for a festival this Saturday, but over half of my order was out-of-stock, so I told her to cancel the order all together. And guess what? That was Monday. She told me my refund would post in one to two business days. Not so; I called my bank, no sign of it on their end either.:(:angry2:

Are you sure this wasn't Mabel White???

I had REALLY REALLY bad experience with her! (Mabel, aka Deborah Dolan)

I feel your pain.

Actually, this lady's name was Patricia. Her attitude was pleasant, but the lies... oh, the lies.

She told me when I talked to her on Monday that two other ladies had just chewed her out about the same thing.

Such a shame!

I can't imagine doing business that way. I bend over backwards for my customers and to think some operate like this and how they can stay in business is beyond me. :confused:

I don't get it either! She even swore at me! All I did was ask (quite a few times & was very understanding & polite when I got excuses) when I could expect my missing items from a shipment ~ Whew, bad thing to do!!

That sounds horrific. I hate when businesses drop the ball like that.

I don't know that I'd put the whole blame about the late refund in her court though. From a few years of working for a large bank I know that whereas *MOST* refunds post within 5 business days, it can take up to 30 business days regardless of what the merchant or the bank do. It's all up to Visa/Mastercard/whichever CC company services your account.

**UPDATE** The refund finally showed up around midnight Saturday. I hate bad customer service. I guess I feel like all companies should care about their customers the way I care about mine. After all, no customers = no cashflow.

Now I'm bummed that I don't have any warmers. I like the ones from candlewarmers.com, but fromw what I've read on here, they use proprietary bulbs, and that's no good for my customers. I absolutely HATE the glass ones I've seen, so I guess I won't be able to take the candle warmer avenue.:(

Thanks everyone for your thoughts!