Experienced B&B ?

Judette

Shea and mango with added oils will create a greasy body butter. I assume you are not adding any water to make an emulsified body butter? If you are using shea, mango and some assorted oils, you can add dry flo, IPM and cyclomethicone. Dry flo and IPM help cut down on the greasiness and the cyclomethicone gives it a nice slip. It is still greasy, but it does help. Remember a little goes a long way. You can also try using less heavy oils. Try using shea oil or fractionaed coconut oil. They are a bit lighter oils.

Ann

Shea and mango with added oils will create a greasy body butter. I assume you are not adding any water to make an emulsified body butter? If you are using shea, mango and some assorted oils, you can add dry flo, IPM and cyclomethicone. Dry flo and IPM help cut down on the greasiness and the cyclomethicone gives it a nice slip. It is still greasy, but it does help. Remember a little goes a long way. You can also try using less heavy oils. Try using shea oil or fractionaed coconut oil. They are a bit lighter oils.

Ann

Thanks. I don't have the recipe with me - I am at work. I will search for the recipe and post.

It was: 12z shea

4z mango butter

5z oil used 1/3 jojoba, 1/3 virgin coconut, 1/3 avocado.

Also added a smidge of Vitamin E oil

I am now out of the mango butter and jojoba oil. I do have lots of shea, cocoa and aloe butters. I also have some lanolin. Also still have a good variety of other oils eg. grapeseed, avodado, soy, etc. Any suggestions with what I have on hand. TIA

Also it was still greasy about half hour later.

Did you put a lot or a little bit? For body butter (the kind without water), a little goes a looong way. If you put a lot, it will be very greasy. Only a tiny bit is needed. It is also helpful to test it on a very dry area (e.g. elbow) instead of the back of your hand which may not need such intensive moisture.

I might also try changing your oils to lighter ones. Maybe FCO and shea oil. Jojoba and avocado are pretty heavy oils. Try using the whipped shea on dry feet and covering with socks. You will soon have wonderfully soft feet. I also slather my hands in it some nights, slip on cotton gloves and sleep in them all night. My hands feel great in the morning. It definitely is not an all over the body cream. I specifically market it for very dry skin. A little goes a long long way.

Ann

Thanks everyone. I think I have enough supplies to try a whipped recipe. I will lighten up on the oils. I looked at Bunnys Bootilicious (sp) I don't have all of that stuff. Can I substitute something for something? Like I have aloe butter not aloe water. TIA

Edited: I searched the old board. I can sub some things. Maybe not the aloe butter but some. I don't have PS80. Is this mandatory?