HT - 4627 vs. 6006?

I've been using 6006 for some time now and have had great HT with most FO. But with this last batch I tried mixing 464 at 15% as a suggestion and so far am VERY disappointed. It might be that these first 3 candles I'm testing are light scents, but I don't know. They are Peaks-Twillight woods, CS-Mango-Papaya, & CS Lemon Verbena. Anyone else find these to be very light scents?? I even let them cure for over a week. Used CD 10 & 12's in a 3" status jar with 6% FO load. The flames seem to be just right. A little mushroom on some and got just about a FMP on the first burn. I have never tried the 4627 but have heard great things about it. Might have to try it someday :)

Why did you mix it with 464? Have you tried just plain 6006? Was the HT not good enough plain?

• 1 month later...

Amazing Update: I burned one of my 6006 jj candles, that I made on 4/11/11 with 1 oz p.p. of CS Wildberry Mouse, today & the HT filled a 650 sq foot room! :) I could not believe it! Even after 2 weeks cure I had gotten no HT from those on the candle warmer, but NOW they work!!!

Amazing Update: I burned one of my 6006 jj candles, that I made on 4/11/11 with 1 oz p.p. of CS Wildberry Mouse, today & the HT filled a 650 sq foot room! :) I could not believe it! Even after 2 weeks cure I had gotten no HT from those on the candle warmer, but NOW they work!!!

Did you change wicks????

• 8 months later...

Update: I like the 4627 with zinc wicks. The HT is great, and probably could be even better when I get better at finding the best FO load for each fragrance. But, I've been wondering if it was just my imagination or if I remembered getting a deeper and richer scent from the HT of my 6006 candles. Burned some of my old 6006 candles and, yes, I think the HT is richer and more yummily satisfying. I might change my mind months or weeks from now, but I'm going to make more 6006 candles and add CO to the wax this time.

Sorry I'm late with this post. I prefer them over the 4627 because, for me, their HT is way better.

Thanks, Ravens. :)

I don't mind if 4627 is messy. Is that why you prefer TCS & 4633? because they're not as messy? Or do they have better HT for you?

& is there more than one TCS wax? What's the name of the one you like?

Sorry I'm late with this post. I prefer them over the 4627 because, for me, their HT is way better.

Thanks, Ravens! I'm surprised to hear that because the general consensus in the comments I've read is that 4627 has the best HT of all. I'll have to reread your comments about those other waxes.

Yes, you're right, many if not most people claim it has outstanding HT; worked with it for months before giving up on it. Now I'm selling a case of it. I'll tell you, I was flabbergasted when I tried the 4627 and left me so.... unimpressed, lol

Imho and from personal experience, the IGI4633 (J223) and TCS waxes gave me much better results. To each her own, I suppose:wink2:

4627 I liked much better than the 4630 but thought the 6006 was a better wax when blended with a little soy. That being said, I have stuck with my Stasis 3022 all these years and only cheat on her to see if someone has come up with a better blend. The 70/30 isn't picky and can be ready to sell the next day. This is a utility wax for containers and that's it. You can't layer it or tart it worth a flip but it does a container just fine. I mean, this wax has been stable for me over 4 years now and I'll pay the extra cost for the reliability. Stick with a wax once you find it and learn it through and through is my advice. I just pour and fo and nothing else has to be done; except you have to cool it really slow in a box with the jars not affecting each others rate of cooling. HTH

Steve

4627 I liked much better than the 4630 but thought the 6006 was a better wax when blended with a little soy. That being said, I have stuck with my Stasis 3022 all these years and only cheat on her to see if someone has come up with a better blend. The 70/30 isn't picky and can be ready to sell the next day. This is a utility wax for containers and that's it. You can't layer it or tart it worth a flip but it does a container just fine. I mean, this wax has been stable for me over 4 years now and I'll pay the extra cost for the reliability. Stick with a wax once you find it and learn it through and through is my advice. I just pour and fo and nothing else has to be done; except you have to cool it really slow in a box with the jars not affecting each others rate of cooling. HTH

Steve

Thanks, Steve! I've never heard of that wax before. Is it 70% paraffin and 30% soy?

Thanks, Steve! I've never heard of that wax before. Is it 70% paraffin and 30% soy?

Not Steve, but yes the 3022 is 70% soy.

Now Clarus also has another wax, the 3020 that is 70% paraffin.

They'll send you a free 10 lb sample for the asking!

Here's a link to more on the Clarus wax, and on the bottom of that page there are more links.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?99551-Clarus-3022&p=915291#post915291

That's what I want!!! :yay: What FO load do you prefer? I read that some get a better HT with less, like 6%. But I'll test from 6% to 9%.

I'm sure I'll try both 6006 & 4627. Thanks! :)

Horsescents....I ran across a wick that is pulling HT like none other in CBL125...may work in the waxes you use. Paper...of all things. HT so strong using .8 CC White Peony Tea, I can't burn them in my computer/office room. Put them in the hallway and it still drifts in here.

One problem....Can only get the 3" Madison jar wicked with paper so far. The Keepsake I also use that is 3 5/8" diameter is too large for 51P and too small for 60P.

Edit to add the paper also worked as well in Peak Vanilla Bean Nectarine and Peak blend of Amish Harvest/Mulberry at 50% each. Thanks to Candybee (I think it was Candybee) for putting that blend up around Christmas time.

Also, the burn is very nice. Flame is fairly steady and no mushrooms

Edited by jeanie353
additional

Horsescents....I ran across a wick that is pulling HT like none other in CBL125...may work in the waxes you use. Paper...of all things. HT so strong using .8 CC White Peony Tea, I can't burn them in my computer/office room. Put them in the hallway and it still drifts in here.

One problem....Can only get the 3" Madison jar wicked with paper so far. The Keepsake I also use that is 3 5/8" diameter is too large for 51P and too small for 60P.

Edit to add the paper also worked as well in Peak Vanilla Bean Nectarine and Peak blend of Amish Harvest/Mulberry at 50% each. Thanks to Candybee (I think it was Candybee) for putting that blend up around Christmas time.

Also, the burn is very nice. Flame is fairly steady and no mushrooms

Jeanie, that wick sounds amazing! Thanks so much for telling me that. I've never heard of those. Where can I find them online?