Olive Oil Wax

Haven't used it but in the same vein I am getting some Jojoba wax to try. While some of these more rare vegetable waxes are quite pricey and it may not be practical to use them as a 100% ingredient, however, used in a lesser a amount in a specialty candle it might be quite interesting.

I have spoken to Accu-Blend. Their minimum purchase is 1 pallet. When I inquired about purchasing a pallet of coconut wax, I would have to buy 1750 lbs. Doable, and I'm still considering a co-op, just have been too busy to squeeze it in. I'm going to call again on Monday to find out about olive wax and see if perhaps they will sell me a mixed pallet.

I'm interested in the olive oil wax. I didn't know there was such a thing. In the Bible, the ancient Hebrews used pottery lamps with olive oil instead of candles.

I'll make my candles with paraffin and save the Olive Oil for lotions..:laugh2:

I recently learned that Accu-blend offers their waxes for sale directly from their plant in CA. Here's the webpage - http://calcandlesupply.com/All-Natural-Container-Blends_c7.htm

You can find their olive oil blend and coconut blends as well as a few other unique blends.

You can buy in 1 slab increments, not just pallets - yay! :yay:

How funny. On the website you listed, they call themselves, 'an authorized distributor." They are at the same address but using different business names. Now I'm kinda annoyed that the person I spoke to didn't tell me I could purchase less than a pallet. :angry2:

How funny. On the website you listed, they call themselves, 'an authorized distributor." They are at the same address but using different business names. Now I'm kinda annoyed that the person I spoke to didn't tell me I could purchase less than a pallet. :angry2:

Hmmmm, interesting, I wonder if they charge a different price! :confused:

I placed an order online for 5 slabs of the coconut and olive oil blends since they didn't have an option for purchasing by the case. They called to get my credit card information and explained that I could buy a case for testing purposes. Each case ended up being less than it would have cost for 5 slabs so maybe they'll sell them 1 time per customer at pallet price, not sure - it was somewhere around 60 dollars for one of the cases and 70 for the other which is incredibly cheap. They haven't sent me a receipt with the change in my order or tracking info as of yet but she told me that the order would go out the next day so I expect it to arrive soon.

Honestly..I'm wondering if maybe the onsite distribution center is just getting up and running.

I placed an order online for 5 slabs of the coconut and olive oil blends since they didn't have an option for purchasing by the case. They called to get my credit card information and explained that I could buy a case for testing purposes. Each case ended up being less than it would have cost for 5 slabs so maybe they'll sell them 1 time per customer at pallet price, not sure - it was somewhere around 60 dollars for one of the cases and 70 for the other which is incredibly cheap. They haven't sent me a receipt with the change in my order or tracking info as of yet but she told me that the order would go out the next day so I expect it to arrive soon.

Honestly..I'm wondering if maybe the onsite distribution center is just getting up and running.

Wow, that is a good price considering its $127 for a case of the coconut at Swans :rolleyes2

I recently learned that Accu-blend offers their waxes for sale directly from their plant in CA. Here's the webpage - http://calcandlesupply.com/All-Natural-Container-Blends_c7.htm

:yay:

Well, crap. There's the accusoy-10 listed which was my much preferred choice of wax until Swan's dropped it and no other supplier seemed to carry it. But I'm much too stubborn to go back to it after a year of no candles sales while testing something else. :angry2:

How is the shipping cost? I would love to find a new veggie based wax to test. These look fun! Walnut oil wax...who knew??

They haven't sent me an updated invoice yet so I'm not sure how much of my total charges are for wax vs shipping but I'll be sure to post on here when I get back home this Friday. The shipment should be there by then.

Ok so I got around to opening my new waxes from Accublend and took a look at the invoice.

50 lbs #83 Coconut Blend - $69.00

50 lbs #43 Olive Oil Blend - $78.00

S&H from CA to WI - $98.78 - :shocked2:

It's been a really long time since I've paid shipping on wax and I don't know that I've ever paid for it all the way from CA. I was shocked at the cost.

Does it seem high to you or would you say this is pretty typical? Maybe I've gotten spoiled with my wax suppliers being so close by.

Ok so I got around to opening my new waxes from Accublend and took a look at the invoice.

It's been a really long time since I've paid shipping on wax and I don't know that I've ever paid for it all the way from CA. I was shocked at the cost.

Does it seem high to you or would you say this is pretty typical? Maybe I've gotten spoiled with my wax suppliers being so close by.

Well that is for 100lbs, right?I used to pay $40 something for shipping on one 50lb box of 464 from Suppliers outside Texas. When I realized I could buy it from LS, for about $25 for S&H, I was thrilled.

Are you planning on using them at 100% or mixing them with your normal wax? I would love to try Apricot and CO wax together, since that is what Volupsa uses.

Have any of you used the Walnut wax? Olive Oil sounds interesting, I will be interested in hearing about your testing. :smiley2:

Well that is for 100lbs, right?I used to pay $40 something for shipping on one 50lb box of 464 from Suppliers outside Texas. When I realized I could buy it from LS, for about $25 for S&H, I was thrilled.

Are you planning on using them at 100% or mixing them with your normal wax? I would love to try Apricot and CO wax together, since that is what Volupsa uses.

Have any of you used the Walnut wax? Olive Oil sounds interesting, I will be interested in hearing about your testing. :smiley2:

I'm not really sure yet, this is my first time working with either waxes. Both came in "pellet" form and were super easy to measure/work with. I poured them last Saturday with just uv and fo and have my first testers burning now. The first thing I noticed is how low of a melt point both waxes have (I'm typically a paraffin girl). Neither wax came with any guidelines so I'm not sure how much fo either are expected to hold but between the low melting point and 1oz/lb of fo, the candle tops are sweating something fierce this first burn.

I'm enjoying playing with new waxes. Lots to think about!

Did you order from Accu-Blend or Cal Candle Supply? I called Ca Candle Supply and the lady had to get permission for me to order a box (not sure if 50 or 55 lbs) at pallet price. I haven't called Accu-Blend yet. Any info would be helpful. I'd like to take a drive up there this week or next week.

Neither wax came with any guidelines so I'm not sure how much fo either are expected to hold but between the low melting point and 1oz/lb of fo, the candle tops are sweating something fierce this first burn.

If the coconut is the same wax Swan's carries, it's supposed to hold up to a 10% fragrance load. It sure would be nice to know if it's the same, though. I contacted Cal Candle Supply for some basic instructions - fragrance load, mp, pour temp, etc - but nobody has gotten back to me yet. I'd like to compare their info with what's listed on Swan's site.