I need instructions to make one of these...

CathyinME

Thank you Vicky. Is it safe to use real salt?? I like the idea of the glass beads. I'm gonna have to try some of these on my day off!!

I really like those and want to try them too. Just wondering what size wick you would use to get to melt out to the sides.

O wish I could help but I never used those glasses I always used the glassed that resembled a cactus

I like the glasses that look like a cactus what wick did you use for those if you don't mind my asking. Also, it seems every wick I try with gel if I blow it out it smokes is this typical of gel?

When I made them, I triple wicked with a 51 zinc and med density gel. The "salt" around the rim I used very fine, irridescent glitter. I sprayed glue onto wax paper and dipped the top of the glass into it, then did the same for the glitter.

I also have granulated wax to be used the same way....but have never used it as the glitter always sells best. HTH

I like the glasses that look like a cactus what wick did you use for those if you don't mind my asking. Also, it seems every wick I try with gel if I blow it out it smokes is this typical of gel?

I use mostly the gel wicks & they do smoke a bit but not as bad as regular wicks. I use a wick dipper to put out my candles, stops the smoking.

I used the gel wicks in those and I double wick with the large. I made mine to look like crushed ice. Which is pretty easy just pour layer of gel on a cookie sheet and then after it is cooled rake a fork through it then rip it to shreads. Then over pour that but in layers the last layer just shreaded gel then hit with a heat gun to give it the liquid look.

• 2 weeks later...