Strong fragrances?

Denise06

Hi! It is true that you will have to test but there are suppliers that get more positive reviews rather than negative and vice versa in general.

Off the top of my head.....

Again, each has good and bad but overall, Bert's, Nature's Garden, Aroma Haven, DayStar, Candle Science and Kentucky tend to get above average marks on this board.

Wellington and Just Scents tend to get average or below average for scent strength. Bitter Creek North seems to be a toss up but I've seen many posts about customer service issues. Not sure what the issues were, though.

This is just my observation and even Wellington and Just Scents have some real winners.

Just my opinion and just my experience, but here it goes:

Nature's Garden - very good; only a couple that did not work for me.

Bert's - most are good and strong.

Daystar - very good but generally very expensive!

Peak's - excellent; can only think of two I wasn't impressed with.

Candle Science - excellent; again, perhaps just a couple that weren't so hot.

Cajun - very, very good FOs. Their Christmas Memories is the very best as far as I'm concerned.

Starrville - excellent FOs, somewhat expensive.

Moonworks - great FOs there; some can be a bit pricey.

The Candle Source - very good FOs; only a handful that were so-so for me.

Bitter Creek North/South - for me, it's a 50/50 thing. Some do very well, and some are true duds.

Kentucky Candle - As Bitter Creek North/South.

Lone Star - I know I may be in the minority here, but most of their oils don't seem to work in my wax. One notable exception: Autumn Lodge.

Waxes I use, in order of frequency: The Candle Source, 4794, 415, 4633.

HTH :)

you know, i have found you can have a light OOB fo..

and once it is in wax..it explodes..:)

i think every supplier has good and bad..

and that depends so much on the wax you are using..

Of the many hundreds of oils I've tested, I've never had that happen. It might change and you might detect notes you didn't notice oob, but it doesn't get stronger. It simply can't get stronger when it's diluted.

Of the many hundreds of oils I've tested, I've never had that happen. It might change and you might detect notes you didn't notice oob, but it doesn't get stronger. It simply can't get stronger when it's diluted.

I can name at least 10 Fragrance Oils I use that come to life in wax and are not good at all OOB, particularly those with vanilla notes. French Crumb Cake, Toasted Marshmallow, Creme Brulee come to mind. Green Tea and Cucumber really blossoms in wax compared to OOB. Nature's Garden Vamp Vogue is another that is wonderful in wax and just OK OOB. Just to name a few.

Just my opinion and just my experience, but here it goes:

Nature's Garden - very good; only a couple that did not work for me.

Bert's - most are good and strong.

Daystar - very good but generally very expensive!

Peak's - excellent; can only think of two I wasn't impressed with.

Candle Science - excellent; again, perhaps just a couple that weren't so hot.

Cajun - very, very good FOs. Their Christmas Memories is the very best as far as I'm concerned.

Starrville - excellent FOs, somewhat expensive.

Moonworks - great FOs there; some can be a bit pricey.

The Candle Source - very good FOs; only a handful that were so-so for me.

Bitter Creek North/South - for me, it's a 50/50 thing. Some do very well, and some are true duds.

Kentucky Candle - As Bitter Creek North/South.

Lone Star - I know I may be in the minority here, but most of their oils don't seem to work in my wax. One notable exception: Autumn Lodge.

Waxes I use, in order of frequency: The Candle Source, 4794, 415, 4633.

HTH :)

Yes, Peaks and Cajun. Completely forgot those two. Definitely great!

I have the best luck with Candle Science and TN with my parasoy, but I use many other suppliers too. Peak's, Backwood's, ICS are other favorites. It's generally easy to find plenty that throw in parasoy. You will always get some duds. Good luck to you. FO is addicting when you get going.

I can count on Millcreeks to be strong. BCS very weak except a few, NGs a lot of good ones, some duds, Candle Science, great, Peak, the ones I tried were very good. Starrvilles always strong, Wellingtons top grade is awesome but pricey, I like Kentucky, I thought the ones I use are very strong, Candle Wic is very good and not so pricey on some.