Help me to find a book about candle carving

Hello everyone

My name is Wojtek. I'm from Poland and I need You help. I'm looking for one book about candle carving. The author is Dana Brooks and the book's title is "Cut and Carve Candles: Beautiful Candles to Dip, Carve, Twist and Curl". I can't find this book in Poland or even in Europen bookstores. Does anybody know where I can buy or get the electronic version of it or maybe someone own it and could sent me on email box? I will be very grateful. Thank You :)

Yes I saw this book in Amazon also but it's a little bit too expensive for me and the shipping will take few weeks. I need this book as soon as possible. Maybe some has this book and could scan it for me? I already have 1/3 pages of all book. Please help :)

IwantItgreen have You ever borrowed some books and made notes from them? Or Have You ever copied any interesting chapter from some school text book? I just want this book to get some informations from it. Besides it's only for my own behoof. I can't keep copies on my computer for more than 24 hours so I promise I will delete this files after 24 hours. Many Internet sites with all kind of data works like this.

Edited by Thaiphoon
i make some mistakes

I'm pretty sure that amazon will have it to you faster than the library, but the library will be way more affordable.

Best wishes to you. I have traveled a lot and know that it is really hard to get stuff.

I came across some folks in Golfito, Costa Rica that were on a yacht and really needed a barometer. Here in the US, we can get them at any pet store, etc., but these folks were literally stranded without one. I promised to mail them one when I got home and that was a long time ago, but I think I did.

By the way, congratulations on your typing. You handle the American language very well.

Edited by EricofAZ

I will try to get this book by polish bookstore. Amazon prices are unacceptable. Please don't think that Poland is underdeveloped country :) Carved candles are new here, thats why we don't have any books about this craft.

By the way, it's nice to read that you can understand me, it gives me power to learn more Eanglish :) Comparing ours languages polish language is one of the most difficult languages in the world :)

Edited by Thaiphoon

Hi. I have already watched all videos on youtube :) but thanks for help anyway :) The idea about carving candles begins when I saw the film "How it's made - carved candles" on Discovery Channel, the same like you recommend.

About book, I found one in UK bookshop and I'm going to order it. I wish in Poland or even in Europe were any well equipped shops with supplies for carving candles. There is nothing like star metal mould and tools for carving like for example Spiral Twist Cutter :( Maybe someone makes moulds individual and could give me some advices how to make them??

Regards :)

Edited by Thaiphoon

• 9 years later...

hey there👋, I just find out about this forum, I am myself in the carving candle business, I just relocated to North America, where the wax characteristics are different from what I used previously.

I know it has been years since you posted your concern, but if you still need supplier, I can share mine, it's was from Ukraine, best prices and product I worked with so far, Wax for carving ( no need for any additives and worked perfectly) and all the necessary tools and equipments. let me now if you still need a supplier.

However I am still struggling to find the appropriate wax and the right ratio of additive to make it as smooth as my previous wax.

So If anyone can share paraffin ref and supplier, also microcrystalline ref and ratio,I will be very grateful 🙏, as my trials and testing are costing me so much, and most important thing it is frustrating me 🥺so much though it use to be my source of pleasure and destress.