1st try

kyme1911

sewing it together is so easy, it's great because the batting and backing are all together. One step only; but then it is a little time consuming snipping the raw edges. My son laughed at me and said "I thought you said that was only going to take a couple minutes?" lol

My sister already is asking for a King size, lol I will have to make the blocks waaaaay bigger. :shocked2:

Well I usually make Krazy quilts...but this was my 1st try at a "Rag" quilt. It was fun to make and there is a ton of instruction on the internet. :)

I was looking for my instructions over the weekend. Couldn't find them... I have the top fabrics cut, I know the back is the same size. But what size do you make the batting? Same size as front and back? or smaller?

Have you seen this quilt without snipping the raw edges? TIA

Love your quit, great colors. Would love to have a gift like that...

WOW!!! I love Tatum's quilt. The colors are exactly what I would use in my home.

Anita that posts here sent me a shaggy quilt pattern that she used and the one she made was really neat too. The pattern was in my stored away box of patterns and fabric...just found it last week. So...I pulled it out and am planning on making one as soon as I finish ALL of the sewing projects I have already planned.

A friend and I went shopping yesterday...she was a professional seamstress...to JoAnn Fabric and also a huge fabric factory outlet. I already have a request from my grandaughter for an apron like mine that I finished about 2 weeks ago. Only she said she wanted purple gingham...mine is red and I also have fabric for a yellow one. The purse that I am going to start...hopefully this weekend...is for me. And my daughter already put in her order for one using the same 3 fabrics I am using for mine. Unfortuantely I could get 2 of them yesterday...this Joann store never had the fabric that I bought in one of their other stores 2 weeks ago. The lady said that the managers order what THEY want to carry so it looked like she didn't order the other apple print fabric. Anyway.......

My friend was looking at several of the quilting books...on sale for 40% off. She found a picture in one of them of a shaggy quilt and fell in love with it. But right now she said she is more into finishing several knitting projects and doesn't feel like sewing. I fell in love with the quilt picture too...so I think I am heading to JoAnn Fabric on Sunday and buying the book.

WOW!!! I love Tatum's quilt. The colors are exactly what I would use in my home.

Anita that posts here sent me a shaggy quilt pattern that she used and the one she made was really neat too. The pattern was in my stored away box of patterns and fabric...just found it last week. So...I pulled it out and am planning on making one as soon as I finish ALL of the sewing projects I have already planned.

A friend and I went shopping yesterday...she was a professional seamstress...to JoAnn Fabric and also a huge fabric factory outlet. I already have a request from my grandaughter for an apron like mine that I finished about 2 weeks ago. Only she said she wanted purple gingham...mine is red and I also have fabric for a yellow one. The purse that I am going to start...hopefully this weekend...is for me. And my daughter already put in her order for one using the same 3 fabrics I am using for mine. Unfortuantely I could get 2 of them yesterday...this Joann store never had the fabric that I bought in one of their other stores 2 weeks ago. The lady said that the managers order what THEY want to carry so it looked like she didn't order the other apple print fabric. Anyway.......

My friend was looking at several of the quilting books...on sale for 40% off. She found a picture in one of them of a shaggy quilt and fell in love with it. But right now she said she is more into finishing several knitting projects and doesn't feel like sewing. I fell in love with the quilt picture too...so I think I am heading to JoAnn Fabric on Sunday and buying the book.

I didn't have a pattern, I am a "Wing it" kinda girl...lol. I work full time, but one evening I cut the squares and the next night I sewed it. I love it because it's finished all in one step.... it is backed, quilted and pieced. What more could I want, I really like these alot easier than the Krazy quilts. Although I could make a Krazy Rag quilt if I wanted....hmmmm not a bad idea. I think I will save that thought for the next baby in the family. :) Keep me posted on how yours turns out, would love to see some pictures.

Hey kyme.....I found the book online...it's a Biscuit Quilt. Are you familiar with those? Here is the LONG link to the book from Leisure Arts. I thought it was a shaggy quilt...didn't have my glasses on when my friend grabbed the book off the rack so didn't read the title. But...I looked through 16 pages on JoAnn's website and finally found it. I am off to JoAnn Fabric first thing tomorrow morning and hope they still have the book.

http://www.joann.com/joann/search/searchall.jsp?keyword=biscuit%20quilt%20books&catPath=All%20Products////Product%20Home////UserSearch1=biscuit%20quilt%20books&_requestid=502257

Hey kyme.....I found the book online...it's a Biscuit Quilt. Are you familiar with those? Here is the LONG link to the book from Leisure Arts. I thought it was a shaggy quilt...didn't have my glasses on when my friend grabbed the book off the rack so didn't read the title. But...I looked through 16 pages on JoAnn's website and finally found it. I am off to JoAnn Fabric first thing tomorrow morning and hope they still have the book.

http://www.joann.com/joann/search/searchall.jsp?keyword=biscuit%20quilt%20books&catPath=All%20Products////Product%20Home////UserSearch1=biscuit%20quilt%20books&_requestid=502257

Thanks Maggie, that looks so cozy and soft, I know you will love making it! I have a feeling my sister will have me at the fabric store real soon, since she really wants me to make her one. lol

If you don't already have one make sure you buy a wheel cutter and mat. It was a time saver...Walmart has one for a good price. :)

I would love to see pics of your crazy quilts too. I used to do the crazy quilting but that was years ago. I love the colors of your rag quilt.

I will ask my sister to pull out my nieces quilt and take a picture. It was all in tropical prints, she had found an image of a baby riding a seahorse and I followed that color scheme.

That sounds really cool and I'll be anxious to see it. I am currently working on a quilt that includes 1/2 doily in the squares. It is going to be beautiful and very victorian looking. I can't wait to get it done. I've decided to make quilts for my kids for Christmas, so I really have to get my buns in gear (need to make 4). The one I am working on now is mine and it won't be going to anyone. LOL

That sounds really cool and I'll be anxious to see it. I am currently working on a quilt that includes 1/2 doily in the squares. It is going to be beautiful and very victorian looking. I can't wait to get it done. I've decided to make quilts for my kids for Christmas, so I really have to get my buns in gear (need to make 4). The one I am working on now is mine and it won't be going to anyone. LOL

Wow that's alot of quilts! Your quilt sounds lovely, post a pic when you finish!