May be a scam, not sure yet.

Ask for a pic, but since you didn't break it, I don't know what she would want. Tired of people wanting something when they break or destroy a product. Like the people who want to return clothing when they rip it! People bother me, that's why I don't do craft shows, LOL.

Cheers,

Steve

I got a similiar email about 6 months ago...claimed the cat knocked it off the shelf. Sent me a picture and wanted to know if I could replace it because she couldn't find the vendor that made it for her. It was a specialty candle...a kind I specialize in, of course. Oh...please,please could I make it for her?

The way she asked, she was trying to find out how I would make it. I didn't give her the specifics. She never did buy one. She was just fishing for directions.:tiptoe:

"Broken" because of misuse or abuse isn't covered. Broken because of a manufacturing defect should be replaced.

I'd ask for 2 pics (1 with the label and 1 more of the "broken" area.) This is usually when a scammer comes up with the "I threw it away" excuse. Maybe a scam ... but explaining you need proof is not unreasonable. IMO, if it turns out badly for her it's not like a customer is being lost since she didn't purchase it.

Did she state how it broke? If not, scam! Think about it. If I got a candle from someone and I broke it somehow, I'm not going to tell them how it broke if I'm trying to get them to replace something that was mine or a gift givers fault. Now, if it broke like one of my candles did due to a floating wick, you better believe I gave details in the complaint!! I didn't necessarily think about taking pics before I chunked it, but will keep that in mind from now on. Also, I wasn't trying to get a replacement, I just wanted to let them know there was a problem so they could fix it. It didn't cause damage or anything. Now if it had, I probably would of taken pictures. But seriously, if it's due to a defect, wouldn't you include details?

How can she get a b-day present and not know who it is from?? If she is not sure who it is from, than ask the friends that gave it to you??

She is looking for a handout.

Tell her your sorry that she received a broken b-day present and if she would like to try one of you products, offer her a discount on her next purchase..

RUN!!!!:tiptoe::tiptoe:

Edited by islandgirl