KY parasoy - no HT?

sjconner

I bought some KY parasoy tart wax to test. I just started and have only tried one scent, BCN Sex on the Beach. I heated it up to 165 and added FO at the 1oz/lb rate. I stirred and poured into clamshells about 140. That was a couple weeks ago. Unless you are right on top of the warmer, I have no hot throw. I am testing in a Scentsy plug in warmer. :confused:

HELP! What did I do wrong? Is it that FO? I plan to test a few others soon. Do I need more FO?

Thanks,

Susan

I am a novice at tarts but I think that pouring temp may be a little low. I don't know if it affects the HT or not. I am using that wax as well and have been pretty disappointed in the HT. I have tested it a few different ways to see if the HT will improve but I think once I use it up, I am gonna shop around for something else.

I think you should add your FO at a little higher temp, around 170-175; may also want to try a little extra FO.

Having said this, I can tell you that I never had any luck with the KY parasoy for tarts. If the tarts had a smell, it certainly didn't last very long (4hrs average).... so I switched wax and very happy I did. HTH

I was thinking that the plug in warmer wasn't getting hot enough. I tried 2 of these warmers - one from BC and the Scentsy one. I tried one of the melts I received in a swap and it didn't fully melt. I just don't think the 15 watt light bulbs get hot enough. Does any one know what Scentsy's melt point is?

Susan

Scentsy warmers use either a 20 watt bulb or a 25 watt bulb. The plug in styles use 15 watt bulbs.

I was thinking that the plug in warmer wasn't getting hot enough. I tried 2 of these warmers - one from BC and the Scentsy one. I tried one of the melts I received in a swap and it didn't fully melt. I just don't think the 15 watt light bulbs get hot enough. Does any one know what Scentsy's melt point is?

Susan