Safety when making soap

LovelyLathers

We all know the basic rules.. wear gloves, goggles, long sleeves, etc. But I want to add one about wearing new shoes. Today I had on a new pair of sneakers and didn't realize they would be slippery when the floor was wet. I step away from the sink in the bathroom (the only sink in my shop) after cleaning up my soap dishes and went for a ride to the floor. On the way down I hit my head on the wall, my back hit the toilet from my shoulder down to my hip, bruise on my whole left side of my back. Hurt my right arm (don't know how) both ankles and knees hurt and neck. I woke up flat on the floor. I must have blacked out for a moment because I do not remember going on the floor. My old shoes were not slippery at all! I am ok but I am very sore. Please make sure you are very careful with what shoes you are wearing. Tomorrow a rug will go in the bathroom even if it gets ruined quickly, I will not go through that again!!

I am glad to hear you are ok! Soaping can be dangerous in more ways than one , eh!:shocked2:

I will add this too, don't ever soap in sandals/flip flops/ open toe shoes. I did once (probably more than once, but only once with a problem) and spilled raw soap on my toes! Now I wear my old tennis shoes or shoe like slippers...no exceptions!

OMG! I am glad that you are okay, but you need to get checked by a doctor. Hope you are feeling better today.

I always wear shoes and pretty much look like something from outerspace when I soap. You just never know.

Edited by Noodle

Thanks, I did get checked out about 2 hours after it happened and I was fine. I am very sore today but it could have been worse. I wore my crocs today and they are not slippery at all. I know I am not wearing my New Balance there any more. I need good shoes because of ankle and knee issues and sometimes the crocs bother my ankles but better than falling.