CBL-129 Transparent?

I got my first sample of CBL 129 based on the great reviews. I love the scent throw but my containers, tarts and votive candles are sorta transparent. The tea lights are totally transparent, tarts are transparent to about 1/3 of the way in, the containers (16 oz apoth) are like a semi-transparent and the votives are about the same as the tarts. I used the same amount of dye (1 dye chip pp of wax) as other paraffin waxes but they came out very light. They all look like spring type colors (very pretty) but not what I was expecting. I'm afraid to put more dye in because it might affect wicking.

I'm wondering if this is normal for this wax or maybe I did something wrong in heating or pouring. I did heat to 185, added FO at 180 and poured at 175.

I used 1 oz FO pp and the throw hot & cold was knock your socks off type...almost too much that I could back it down to .5.

I like a creamy candle and would consider adding something to the wax to get the opaque creamy look if anyone knows what I could do.

:wave: Hi jennyjo

Ellyn at Candle Wick thought maybe I poured too hot. I did try 3 oz soy to 1lb wax and another with 2 oz crystl. palm to 1 lb way. I poured them at 150 which apparently was too low for the mixture because I got jump lines like crazy.

The throw on the 129 is awesome so I'm hoping so much to conquer this. I just have to get it creamy.

Oh, also Candle Wic is sending another slab out in case it was a flaw on their end.

I am adding paraffin to my line and imo CBL 129 is the best I've tested for hot/cold throw as well as ease of wicking.

I have also been working with CBL 130 and love it. I was using another supplier 70/30, my own blends, then found CBL130 and I don't think I'll be looking back.

Hi Ravens

I'm still working with wicking as this is my first try with CBL 129. I tried LX which performed very good but thought I'd try a zinc so I stuck that in. I'm only about to do the 3rd burn today with a 51z (16 oz apoth) so far no soot. It should go to a full MP on this burn so I'll let you know if I get soot as it burns farther down.

I found with 129 and the FO I had that 1/2 to 3/4 oz gives a great hot & cold throw. I have the tarts, tea lights and votives sitting in the work area and WOW....the cold throw is out of this world. The HT from testing is going through the lr, kit, 1/2 bath and wandering up the steps. I used 2 CC oils, 2 CW and Bert's Lilac. Bert's I used 3/4 oz.

Jeanie353, you're right, the CBL129 has a fantastic throw. Gave up on it 'cause I was getting frustrated with the zinc wicks and the soot, so I started making scented tarts, and it works great for those also.... then I came across TCS wax:rolleyes2

I also tried TCS and didn't have the luck others seemed to have with that one. It was not a bad wax imo by any means.

Now that I think about it, I was using FOs at the time by 2 suppliers who I have now stopped using due to the dilution. :undecided Hmmm....I may have to revisit TCS if 129 doesn't work out. I hope it does tho'.