First Orders...How'd I do?

forevershanda

I ordered the following from that Kentucky place after reading about tarts. I just gotta try some since I have 3 warmers and all my family and friends have warmers!!

Ky-ParaSoy Tart Wax 5 lb :

Zucchini Bread 2 oz :

Vanilla Lime 2 oz

Lumberjack 2 oz

Country Gift Shop 2 oz

Sugar Cookie 2 oz

Sunrise Splash 2 oz

Honeysuckle 2 oz

Sage and Sweetgrass 2 oz

Mandarin Spice 2 oz

Moonlight Magic 2 oz

Ocean Mist 2 oz

Warm-n-Cozy 2 oz

Then I was going to order from BC South, but they didn't have clamshells and my dumb butt didn't think to put them on the KY order....so I ended up placing an order from BC North:

Clamshells

IGI Paraflex 4794 and 4786

CD and HTP wick samplers

CD 4, 5 and 2's

votive molds

Amber Musk

Amber Woods

Clean Cotton

Fresh Brewed coffee

Juniper Breeze

Pomegranate

Spring Rain

Sugar Cookie

Sunset

Tidal Wave

(fo's all 1 oz'ers)

Double boiler maker (I just use a pot and my pouring pot on top of a cookie cutter, getting darn tired of that cookie cutter!)

Blue, Red and Yellow dye chips

pipettes

I have some liquid color from Hobby Lobby and was just going to use it at first, but then questioned if it was as crappy as their fragrance oils and stuff, so did get the 3 basic colors. And it also looks like my dumb butt left off the tealight cups, ARRGGHHHH!

So how'd I do for a first order to start testing?? Any recommendations? Should I of gotten vybar or uv stabilizer???

shanda

I am so jealous you got your first order done already! I am still saving pennies, lots of them. lol.

I bet you are as excited as I am to start. Good luck and I can't wait to see what you find with your wax. I haven't decided which wax I want to try.

Ohhh, tax refund. That's awesome! I am excited for you! I usually get a pretty big one but I got divorced this last year, so no refund this year for me. Not because of the divorce, but because I'm a stay at home mom.

I have another business so I am using that money to start trying this. Hopefully in the next month I'll have enough!

Sounds like a nice order to get you started with good variety of scents, too. I don't order from BCN or S but I do order from KY. I think KY's zucchini bread is the best. I just ordered their honeysuckle with my last order and so far, it's a good one compared to other honeysuckles I have sampled. I did try their sugar cookie but my notes said I found it weak. I have sampled at least 5 sugar cookies and haven't like any of them, might be my nose and not the suppliers!

Good luck!

Looks like you done good! lol

Only with all of those luscious FO's you got, especially from KY, you might wish you had gotten more of their tart wax. You will go through 5 pounds in no time flat! They do have the best Zucchini Bread FO. It is one you will not want to stop sniffing!

BTW guys, the lady at KY told me they are NOT discontinuing that wax. Only waiting for it to come in!!

I know I probably should of ordered more wax, but after reading on here how some love it, others don't, I wanted to start small until I find "my" wax!

I would skip the double boiler maker thingy and go to walmart, spend $20 on a Presto Kitchen Kettle (deep dryer) for melting wax. Fast, easy and you can do more than in your pour pot. Totally worth the investment!!

I've been researching the presto pots too and it seems the way to go. There's tons of threads here on them. They kind of look like a crock pot. I'm trying to figure out where to purchase one. I'll probably go with Walmart. You can set the temperature on them and they shouldn't go over that temperature. I haven't used one yet though so I could be wrong. lol.

Okay, call me stupid and laugh, but I'm just not "getting" the whole presto pot thing. Is it like a fry daddy? How do you adjust temperature in it to keep it from getting too hot? Looks like another research project for me!

It comes with directions :shocked2:

Yes, directions I could read AFTER purchase. The idea is that I'm not sure I want to even purchase one, so would research first to decide.:rolleyes2

I'm like you. I research before I buy. Sometimes I research TOO much and confuse myself. lol