My go at wood wicks and a couple of ?'s

I made 2 candles in the 8 oz. status jars(3 in diameter)with 1 lb of cb135,1 oz. f.o and no dye.One with a large wick and one with an extra large wick.(From Lonestar)They looked awesome and they both burned well.I used apple jack f.o and they smelled amazing pretty much as soon as there was a mp.I kept them lit for 4 hours and both had a fmp at about 3 hrs burning.From the 3rd to the 4th hour of burning,the depth of the melted wax was about 1/4 of an inch deep.When I blew them out I felt the jars and neither were extremely hot.The tops of the jars were warm,but not too hot that they couldn't be touched.The bigger wick had a louder crackle but by the 3rd hour of burning,I could barely hear it anymore on either one.(Something to work on)Just thought i'd share my experience.Does anyone know what could be tweaked to get the crackle to be louder,or at least continue crackling?Maybe I did something wrong,not sure!Also,does the mp and depth of wax seem correct for the length of time they were burned?Any thoughts would be helpful!:smiley2:

Sounds like you did well! As for increasing crackle, I don't know how to do that either, but to be honest, I haven't tried. I have read that the additives like FO and dye help increase the crackle, but I tend to stick with what makes the candle work well for me. When I sell the candles with the wooden wicks, I don't promise that it will crackle, I just say that "they are known to crackle."

Thank you for the responses.I'm so happy it seems these turned out well.

Maybe I will add some color to the next ones to see if that makes a difference in the crackling.I really don't want to add more f.o since they already have a great ht and f.o is so expensive.Plus,I think they look very upscale just plain white in the status jars,but I will try coloring nonetheless to work on the crackle.(I really wanna have that wow factor that I think the crackling gives the wood wicks)Thanks again!!