New To The Game

Hi All!

I am just starting to get in to candle making,and would like to get some tips and helpful ideas from some who know more than I do-Which is virtually nothing.

Do you have any tips on what products are best as far as...well, everything?

Any places online that you buy from?

Thanks! :yay:

Read here. there is so much helpful info on this site.

Sticky notes at the top of each forum and bookmark stuff to keep it handy.

As far as where to buy from, it depends on where you are and what you want to buy.

Personally I make soy candles. Thru alot of testing and what not to get a good sellable candle.

i buy my wax from Nature's garden and that is where i started.

wicking candles will be the most challenge you will face as different scents will act differently.

What you want when testing a candle is a full melt pool across the candle so that all wax will burn completely for your jar candles. Also good scent throw.

You will have to test alot to get this right and read alot.

i usually read all customer reviews on products. this can be helpful when diciding what size wick for a particular size candle...but again your testing is the most important.

I started at Nature's garden because there is alot of information on the site to help you start out...guides to making candles and also A starter kit that I myself purchased first when I began making candles.

Not that you need to o ...just an option.

As previously mentioned, my best suggestion is to learn this site inside out and read, read, read. There is a HUGE amount of information here if one takes the time to search for it. My BEST tip is to STUDY before purchasing anything. I don't recommend kits. I started by assembling my own based on what I learned from studying and comparing.

Once you begin making candles, you will have more specific questions that make it easier for others to offer specific advice.

Good luck! :D

Welcome to the board and the new addiction :cheesy2:

Any tips or advice? Yes, start reading. Start with Newbie FAQs and sticky threads and then use the search. There are very few problems that haven't been encountered and discussed before. It'll save you a lotof time waiting on answers.

Welcome - as the others have stated you need to start reading and reading and reading. Take notes and subscribe to threads you want to reference later. Here's a couple starting points:

Supplier by State - you didn't indicate your location but you'll want to find the closest supplier you can to avoid shipping cost.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55309

Here's the newby tips link:

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69

Find you way to the forums and learn to use the search tool. You'll find all the answers you need to get started and then its test, test and test.

Good Luck.