Top selling Fragrances of 2010?

B@BlissStreet

Since it’s that time of year when inventories and massive bookwork is going on for many of us, I thought maybe this was the time to ask of those willing to share…

What were your top selling fragrances for candles this year?

What were your top selling fragrances for B&B this year?

If you don’t mind sharing your location (Urban, Rural, North Pacific, Midwest, East, South, etc), I’m curious as a cat and just wonder what is moving where. I find this kind of stuff fascinating. Not trying to inquire as to business practices or recipes, just a general curiosity of what everybody experienced.

I only do soy candles, tarts, tealights, and sachets for public sale. I am located in Huron County, MI, in the “thumb” of the mitten, extremely rural...think John Deere Wind Farm and soybean fields, corn fields, sugar beet fields (not unusual to see a combine drive down Main Street).

My top sellers were:

Snowflake Cake

Blueberry Muffin

LoveSpell(VStype)

Lilac

Pumpkin Pie

Cinnamon Buns

Lemon Cheesecake

Sugared Fruit Slices

Angel Amaretto

Banana Nut Bread

Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey

TIA to all who care to respond!

Edited by B@BlissStreet

Is Snowflake Cake, a Lush dupe for Snowcake?

Not that I am aware of?:confused: It is the White Cake FO from J & L Creations, and it freakin' rocks! Everyone loves it; only scent I haven't found a hater for! Lorrie is a member here on the boards; I buy it from her company. I highly recommend it in EL soy; not sure about other waxes. Lorrie is a soaper and candlemaker, so she would have info re: that! She is always more than willing to answer any questions. HTH!

www.jandlcreations.com

Edited by B@BlissStreet

:tiptoe:Not sure if anyone will be willing to share the information on which FO supplied the oils, but I'm willing to.

Every one of my top sellers was a J & L Creations oil. Blueberry Muffin is Lorrie's custom blend, and I can't say enough about the customer's responses to this oil; ususally they buy that or the Snowflake Cake or LoveSpell type first, and come back to try the rest! Lorrie is great to work with; she custom blended a fragrance for me after several other suppliers product let me down. Check out the Coffee Caramel Cream from there...luscious!

You are very welcome. I am the queen of curious. I just quit buying commercial candles and products when I found a guru to teach me this craft. I still go to the department/mall stores to sniff the products for ideas, but I have never run across Lush candles. Guess I'll do a google on it and see what it is you meant!:)

I was just curious, thanks for the info.:smiley2:

You are very welcome. I am the queen of curious. I just quit buying commercial candles and products when I found a guru to teach me this craft. I still go to the department/mall stores to sniff the products for ideas, but I have never run across Lush candles. Guess I'll do a google on it and see what it is you meant!:)

They are a B&B company, but their scents are popular, DS sells many of them.

Sliver, you had a Violet scent on one of your best seller lists. Do you still carry it or is it from a supplier that is gone? I would love to find a good violet

heh, heh, it's something I got from Tennessee on closeout. I want to say Heavenly, but I'm not sure. I wanted to get rid of it so I poured all I had, renamed it, pushed it for awhile, and still have a few left. I need to drag them out and push them again, just to get them out of my life.

I wouldn't call it a good violet. I just wanted it gone. If you want some, you know where I am, lol.

I only sell tarts and only via the internet so location is all over US. I have renamed some but these are the common names (did not include Christmas scents). In alpha order:

Amish Friendship Bread

Blue Hawaiian

Bonfire Bliss

Clean Cotton

Cotton Candy

Coconut Cream Pie

Creme Brulee (overall top seller)

Day at the Spa

Gain Apple Mango Tango

Honeysuckle Jasmine

Pina Colada

Pumpkin Pie

Red Velvet Cake

Vick's Vapo Rub type

Zucchini Bread

Best sellers 2010, containers, wax melts, votives. I live in a rural area, but I work in the city PT, so it does vary.

1. Strawberry Jam BCN

2. Love Spell

3. Vanilla Delicious (DS)

4. Clean Cotton (FOC)

5. Dreamcatcher (AH RE)

6. Cranberry Orange Spice (ICS) ST oil

7. Hot Orange Danish (CMS)

8. Pumpkin Souffle (CS)

9. Baked Apples (ICS) ST oil

10. Gardenia (AH RE) LW version

TraciS

The violet I carry is one of my favorites, and one of my best sellers. You have to try a sample - Vibrant Violets from Kangaroo Blue (here in ILL). Contrary to rumor, they are not going out of biz , but did downsize out of their warehouse location. I just emailed them recently to be sure.

www.kangarooblue.com

ps - let them know you came from this board

• 2 weeks later...