CD and CDN wicks

Here is a question....

I know that the Stabillo company that makes the CD wicks , does them in larger sizes than the CD 22. They have a CD 24 & 26 etc.

Since there are so many candle makers having trouble single wicking a standard apothecary, what then is the reason none of the suppliers have offered this larger size wick?

Or is there one offering a CD 24 that I don't know about.

Thank you!

Gotta agree with above. Larger wicks do not make better burns. I also have several jars that need double wicking. Even some jars that I can single wick with one FO, but have to double wick with another FO.

Cheers, Going up a wick size just leads to torchy flame and tunneling.

Steve

My experience with single wicking larger diameter containers with larger size wicks is different. I single wick using the larger sizes. I have NOT found that the flames are "wickedly high" nor do they tunnel. I trim the wicks to 1/4", same as any other, and they do fine in larger diameter containers. They do frequently leave some hangup on the sides of the container until about halfway down in the container when they catch up. One has to test these big 'uns all the way to the bitter end to tell how they will behave.

Because the need for the larger and smaller sizes is not as great, and the minimum quantity of wicks that must be ordered by the suppliers from the distributors is so high, most opt to stock only the most commonly used sizes, which are 8-22. You can request samples of larger & smaller sizes from wick distributors for testing purposes.

HTH :D

Ok, I have found in MY wax that large wicks burn WICKEDLY HIGH and heat the glass up too much. I gotta bunch of big un cds you're welcome to take off my hands. Apothcary jars are just plain a pain to wick and anything over 16 oz needs to be double wicked IMHO. I use a 70/30 blend and Stella doesn't, go figure. I love you Stella and you are my favorite character in a "Streetcar Named Desire".

Steve

Thanks everyone. I currently do......use cd 22 in my apoth. with very good success. It is just the random fragrance like Plain Cin Stick from CS for some reason and say...Bergamot Violet from Peak that I just don't get the hot enough burn.

In that case....I only do those in my tumblers.

I use all veg. wax