Trouble with CS Mahogany dye chips

Dana

I am having some candles come back from a wholesale order that all had CS Mahogany dye chips in the wax. Has anyone else had to wick differently when using this dye? I tested the dye prior and they burned fine. I have eliminated everything else to be the cause and sure enough it's the dye. Never had a problem with this before :confused:

Well, it just makes it so you have to wick up at least one size if not two sizes. I know that it is the dye chips because I have made 5 different scents all both ways with and without the mahogany dye chips. All the ones with the mahogany have to be wicked up. To bad the scent that I tested it in did not need to be......so lesson learned. Test all new dye in EACH fragrance!

I should add that I usually use flakes or powder and these dye chips from CS seem to be oily. Are they always like that? They are so oily it has stained the bag they came in. This is my first experience with dye chips so I had nothing to compare them to. I suppose if you started out using them you wouldn't notice because it would all be considered into your formula as you were testing so you would notice really that it was the dye chip making you have to wick up unless you added each ingredient at a time with each test burn (like it should be).

Sounds like something may be wrong with the chips. I've been ordering them for years and they should arrive dry. They have a consistency like crayons so they should not feel oily. I would contact CS and let them know about the problem. They should let you ship them back for a refund or exchange them. But I am sure they will want to know what you are experiencing so they can fix it.