Jar suggestions for CD 8 wicks

I ordered these wicks intending to use them on 4 oz jelly jars but someting is telling me it isn't going to work so I don't want to waste my time testing. I am thinking about going to the Dollar Tree tomorrow and picking up some container jars and was hoping I could get some suggestions on which ones to try. I will be using 70/30 or less of EcoSoya Advanced mixed with 4630. FO from Natures Garder Toffee Apple Crunch and Black Raspberry Vanilla from WSP. All suggestions will be appreciated.

I don't use your wax, but you might try one of the libbey cubes double wicked? I can't think of any jars at my dollar tree that small. They have new stuff all the time, though so....

did you try the 4oz jj at all? You might be surprised. They have a habit of catching up at the end. Especially with that thick glass.

Thank you so much. Maybe I am just being paranoid. The wick just seems too big for the jar hahahaha..the site that I purchased the wicks from says they are for 2.5 to 3 inch diameter jars and the jelly jar is only 2 inches. I do have some half pint mason jars and the diameter is 2 inches as well. I think I will just go ahead and try it in the jelly jars.

Edited by queensh

the site that I purchased the wicks from says they are for 2.5 to 3 inch diameter jars and the jelly jar is only 2 inches

Most wick tests I have seen are based on paraffin, which generally takes a smaller wick than does soy-based wax. I use a CD8 in the 4 oz. JJs and they generally work fine with NatureWax C3... I don't know how this would work with your blend and FOs, but it'd be worth a tester or two to check out... :)

I'm with Stella here. Paraffin in a 4 oz jar that probably has a 2" diameter will be way too hot with a CD8, but soy might work.

I'm testing some one pound specialty jars (similar to tureen shape) that have about a 3 1/2 inch diameter with paraffin. A CD8 is fine if I use a touch of vybar and too much wick if I use the paraffin raw. A CD6 is a bit on the tunneling side. So I might change to eco's or find a CD7.

If I were to go back to 464 or C3, I'd probably be using the CD8 in a much smaller jar or going to a much larger wick in the tureen. Soy just seems to need a bigger flame.

If the 8s do work out, buy a bag of wick bases and double the number of wicks. It really saves a lot of money and is easy to do. HTH

Steve

Yup, I did that with some pre-assembled wicks. Now I just buy a 4 oz roll. I have more wick here than 10 people can use in nine lifetimes. Einstein has plenty to contemplate.

Wow thank you so much for this idea. Anything to save a buck and extendi my supplies. I am really hoping I get the desired results I need from this wick/wax combo.