Wick Centering...

Just wanted to verify that the wick itself is off center ... and you are not talking about the melt pool.

Ditto Sharon's recommendation. You also want to make sure that all the edge tabs are resting equally on the glass and not have one or two on the threads.

HTH

Last time I ordered those from Peaks they came with a clippy thing on top to pull in and cinch the wick to keep it pulled straight. The pic you have shows the older version without it. If you purchased them recently I'd call Peaks and ask about it as they are selling the new version. I absolutely love them!

For my larger jars I still use the older version and use small clip binders from the office supply store to pull the wick straight and hold it in place. Very cheap option and works perfectly.

Thank you. I was looking for an upgrade from my trusty popsicle sticks. I've tried other types but always been disappointed. These look like they might work, though.

If you buy them from Peaks they have the new ones with the notched wick holder thing on top to hold the wick in place to keep it straight and tight.

Here's a couple of pics of the ones I use. Sorry about the focus. Doesn't do closeups very well. Older camera.

These are the small size. They are just slightly under 3x3" and fit the 8oz jj perfectly. You can see the notch thingy on top to hold the wick in place. This is a newer version of the original wick centering tool and is ingenious. I love mine. Anyway Peaks has them. They just have picks of the old ones on their website so if you order from them make sure you get these babies.

post-3620-139458476721_thumb.jpg

post-3620-139458476726_thumb.jpg

OOooo adjustable! How small do those shrink down? What's the diameter range?

Wick centering is the bane of my candlemaking. Seriously the hardest part. I'm costantly bumping them with my girls while pouring and trying to recenter in the oven without moving the shelf because it always makes them move on me so I've thought about picking these up.

OOooo adjustable! How small do those shrink down? What's the diameter range?

:confused: The tool itself is not adjustable. It doesn't change size its a solid piece. You buy them in small, medium, or large depending on your jar size. The notch is to hold the wick in place.

Know what you mean about the girls. :laugh2:

I tossed my centering tool. I found that if the top of the glass isn't perfectly level (and usually it is not) then the tool angles for the bottom insert point.

I just drop the glass on a paper with some circles and lines and use that to center the wick visually.

Then the top is easy enough to center visually. I just use a long hair pin to hold the wick.

For the pillars where centering is more precise than the containers, I have two popsicle sticks glued together and marked in a way that centers the wick if I bring it through one gap.

Just wanted to verify that the wick itself is off center ... and you are not talking about the melt pool.

Ditto Sharon's recommendation. You also want to make sure that all the edge tabs are resting equally on the glass and not have one or two on the threads.

HTH

The metal tab looks a bit off center and the melt pool is very much off center.

I don't know what you mean by edge tabs. Please elaborate, thank you.

Last time I ordered those from Peaks they came with a clippy thing on top to pull in and cinch the wick to keep it pulled straight. The pic you have shows the older version without it. If you purchased them recently I'd call Peaks and ask about it as they are selling the new version. I absolutely love them!

For my larger jars I still use the older version and use small clip binders from the office supply store to pull the wick straight and hold it in place. Very cheap option and works perfectly.

OOHHH! That's what the clippy thing is for. I had no idea. Will try using it next time.