Scented salts

pamlaura

Can someone share again where to get the bigger size salt to use as a room freshener? How do poeple think they work if you are making them. The renuzit ones are really good so I thought I might be worth a shot but really have read so many things not sure where to start. Thinking mixing fo with solution I use for reed diffusers and adding bath color..Any thoughts appriciated.:yay:

I use just the water softner salts to make mine. They're not very big though. I know there is a place that sells bigger hunks of them. Saltworks or something? I know there's a few discussions on here about it. Don't forget you'll want to add dendritic salt also. I've made them both with and without it and the dendritic makes a HUGE difference in the lasting power of the FO. These are also fantastic to but in a burner!

HTH!

Laura

I just reread your post. You won't need to use any diffuser oils to it. Just mis the dendritic salt with your FO, than mix into the salts. I haven't colored mine, so I can't help you there, but I've never used anything other than the FO/dendritic salt.

Edited by lauramw71
reread post

I bought some dendritic salt, used it once and now I can't find it. I still didn't have any luck with the ONE batch I made. Didn't even last a day in my punched tin warmer. If I ever find my D S I'll try with a stronger scent.

I remember finding some here: http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/StoreCategory.aspx?CatalogID=2&GroupID=11&CategoryID=2132&CategoryName=+Cosmetic+Additives+-+D+to+K

I've found some scents pack a POW in the salts, and others are just, meh... The strongest I've made is from the candlemakers store, blueberry muffin. oh my those were STRONG! But yummy! So I added more salts and have it burning in my ugly lil potpourri crockpot now... It's fantastic!!! And I burn mine for hours, so every couple of days I just add a couple more drops of FO in and reboost it!

• 2 weeks later...