Sassy Shops ???

funkymonkey66

Anyone hear of this place? http://www.sassyshops.com

I got an email that they would sell me ad space for $15.00 for the year vs. their normal fee of $85.

Never heard of them and this comment kind of bothered me.

"Sassy Shops also offers site reviews. For a nominal fee you can have your site professionally written up in a review for all to see shown on Sassy Shops for one month and on your site indefinitely for added exposure for you! You will receive a private review just betweeen us and then one for display that shows your business in a very positive way!"

Kind of seems dishonest and misleading on the writers part.

And you have to check out the link how they promote your business. LOL Read #1 Because I know when my customers are searching candles that is what they all type in. Sassy....?

LOL...well did you google it to see if it came up #1. I did and...of course it DID if you type in Sassy Shops. When I typed in just the word sassy it did not come up first...in fact I didn't even see it on the first page.

I was looking at both the candle and bath and body sites they are promoting. Not too many right now.

I checked to see how long they have been in business...didn't find that on their About Us page.

I have no clue if it's a good thing or not...I don't do any kind of advertising...don't have a website.

I'm guessing they are just starting out but I can't see from a consumer stand point that I would take the site seriously. Individual opinions that people have is one thing but they clearly state..... The opinion on your products will be positive regardless... as long as you pay that is.

Selling ad space based on the keyword ranking that happens to be the name of the site.:laugh2: awesome.

I'm sure they work hard and advertise to get your name out there, I just don't think it's a good fit for most. If we noticed it then so will the customer.

Edited by funkymonkey66
edit

When I googled sassy shops my McAfee website advisor said it had not been reviewed yet. That means its either too new and there is no way of knowing if it has spyware or other malware on site. I'd approach the website with caution.

At any rate it tells you they are nobody as far as the internet is concerned-- and who is going to go to an unknown website to look for website reviews?!! No way would I give them a nickel of my money.

It's $15. That's cheap. It might or might not help your ranking. Sure couldn't hurt.

I don't understand the "order" button. I didn't fool around with it, but how can you order someone else's website or ad? :cheesy2:

I don't think it's necessarily dishonest. I've been in advertising and it's all about promotion. It is what it is.