Bitter Creek North vs Bitter Creek South

AlwaysWondering

@Iwantgreen. They kind of make a point on the Bittercreek South that they are not the same fragrance oils as Bittercreek North. They do say they are sister companies and each promotes the other on their own site and share a message board. I just wonder what the difference is in quality of fragrance oils.

Bitter Creek South says, "These are not the same oils as BC North. Some are the original Sissie's oils and some are all new BC South oils."

I'm wondering if BC South was "born" by buying out Sissie's, whoever that is!

Yes...BC bought Sissie's. Thus the names BCN and BCS.

I don't order from BC anymore. They had a couple that threw well for me...but not enough to continue using them.

If I remember correctly...Sissie's had the best sugar cookie. At least it seemed like everyone raved about it. I ordered it and it WAS great. Then of course Sissie sold to BC and I looked elsewhere. Found the one that I love and customers love from NG.

I don't order from BC anymore. They had a couple that threw well for me...but not enough to continue using them.

I don't do candles, but I know what you mean to an extent. I quit buying from BCN. I had one too many poor cutomer service issues and their oils are so hit or miss. I have never smelled worse vanilla anywhere in my life. I do like BCS though. Reading this thread makes some semse to me now. I knew they were separate companies, but just assumed that their oils were the same. I never could figure out why I like some of BCS oils more. I just thought that I was getting bad stuff from BCN. LOL!

I have some from both that I love and have found a few that I just don't care for. There are a handful of oils that are carried at both locations. The ones I can think of off hand are Spiced Cranberry, Creme Brulee, Harvest, Strawberry Jam, their closeout scents and I know there are a few others.

Noodle, which Vanilla did you not like? I know many people that rave about vanilla velvet but I couldn't stand it but I do like their Vanilla Bean Supreme (yummy in B&B)

Some of my BCS favorites:

Coconut Lime

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Caramel Walnut (AWESOME blended with Pumpkin Cheesecake)

Cherry Vanilla

BCN favorites:

Old Fashioned Christmas

Happy Holidays

Macintosh Apple

Stonehenge

Key Lime Pie (VERY different from BCS version)

Cedar & Saffron

I have all of BCN vanillas and all are foul in my opinion. Vanilla Velvet smells nothing like vanilla. It has a strong chemical note to it. Perhaps it is different in candles? I have no idea since I do soap and body products. Many of their vanillas have brown sugar notes to it- kind of like maple.

BCN has a wonderful Black Cherry. Very nice with soft green notes. Some of their closeout scents are nice too. However, I will not try anything new from them, and everything I happen to like, I can get from BCS.

I also wanted to add that I agree that BCN has a great Macintosh Apple.

Edited by Noodle

I used to buy from Sissie's and her Sugar Cookies FO was fantastic! I was always under the impression that BCN was owned by Doneen St. John (or something like that) and they also owned BCS and another Bitter Creek Company (not related to candles.) I thought she bought Sissies' back about 8 years or 9 years ago?

I agree I've experienced some bad customer service with BCN and only deal with BCS now for a few oils. Their Red Velvet Cake rocks, as well as their Lemon Pound Cake, Bird of Paradise and Green Tea Blend. I just wish they would add new oils. It seems like it's been years since they have added new FO's.

I thought BCS stood for Bitter Creek South, not "Sissie". BCS is located in Texas.

I have their Sugar cookie, but haven't tried it yet. Some of their oils are very good and others leave me totally unimpressed. No problem with their customer service though.