Lines/ridges in my candles

I made my second pillar tonight, and it was a ball candle. It has lots of ridges in it for some reason. The top of the candle (bottom of the mold) is perfectly smooth but below that, it looks like someone took a wire brush to it. (I haven't trimmed it or anything, so pardon the seam)

I also poured a votive with the left over wax. I chilled the votive mold just to see what would happen, and it came out with ridges too. They are even more prominent, as you can see.

This is the first time I've had this to happen, and it's the same wax I've been using for my other votives, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Could I be pouring to cool? I poured at 180 degrees on the ball candle, not sure what temp I poured the votive at.

ball_ridges.jpg

votive_ridges.jpg

I like the effect!

The past year, when I was starting making candles without knowing so much about it, I got two balls with jump lines.

I thought "OH NO what a mess I have to remelt those!" And so i did.

This year when I found this board seeing so much rustics and jump lines made on purpose I was laughing!!

In italy rustics and similar don't exist!