help me with shipping paypal

katshe

I have just set up my website (soap/ candles )thru weebly and am integrating paypal. I am now at the shipping calculator and have to put in shipping amounts. I suppose using weights to figure shipping is best.

I have no clue how to do this...do I have to weigh each item...not really sure how to contemplate what customers will order and how to figure how much a package will weigh.

I do have flat rate boxes but really at a loss here.

Please help

thanks'

Kathy

we have a website but use Auction Inc's cart that includes a shipping calculator. So I do not know too much about paypals shipping. The reason we went with Auctions Inc was after alot of research it had more accurate shipping.

Paypal has a shipping calculator. that is where Im stuck. paypal sent me instructions that are so technical I cant understand any of it.

shipping calculator looks simple you can choose to charge by weight, item or dollar amount of purchase. Not sure if I put in buy weight lets say, how the cart knows how much items weigh.

and also some packaging goes up to 70 lbs but will only fit like 1.5 lbs of my product so that wont work

It's supposed to be easy to set up and then when someone orders you just print shipping label right from paypal, but the shipping calculator doesn't make sense to me.

Flat rate boxes are what I was going to use but you need different sizes for different products.

Also I have alot of customers that wont need shipping cause the will be picking up orders from me.

Edited by katshe

For right now I have Paypal cart without shipping. They get a total of the product and I will send them an invoice for the shipping.

Trudi

So then customers have to pay twice and how do they send you payment for shipping?

i just did a trial with the shipping and entered some numbers and went to sight to do a mock buy & cart had a box to key in zip code? but no shipping came up 0.00

I also added a store pick up option for my local customers...no such option showed up in cart

Edited by katshe

I just went to your website ...very nice

So you have customer buy items then send them another invoice to pay for shipping?

Also I noticed your drop down menu for the 12 oz hurricane has more than 10 scents...I cant get that many in mine so i added two other drop down menus to the candles...How did you do this and do you have website payments standard thru paypal?

To get more than 10 scents in the drop down:

Once I have the button made I go to Weebly and add an HTML. Then I edit the HTML. You can see the spot where the fragrances are at and just copy that part of the code with the new fragrance. Add every extra scent you need.

<option value=>"scent name">scent name </option>

Thank you on my site. I need some more pics for some of my headers. Plus my buttons on lip balm need redone, because they are buttons I did through Weebly and not Paypal buttons so it puts them in a separate cart.

Trudi

Naturally Tru

Do I need to type it in like that... html? on the store sight where I am in editing site?

well I got that scent issue done...thanks for the help NT.

I did see a place to put in how much product weighs in the sec where you add button...I must have been overworked yesterday

I'll see if all is working. :)

Edited by katshe

Select to HTML in Weebly...I think it's in the Basic section. Same place you select text/picture etc. Then you edit the HTML and copy the Paypal button code you have created. Then hit edit again and scroll down to where the scents are and add it in just like I have it above...changing the scent name of course for each new scent you want to add. You will see it clearer where and what you are in there. If you have a bunch of scents in already it will be a repeating section with different scent names.

Or you could copy the code from Paypal button to a word processor and edit there and then copy paste the new code into the HTML in Weebly.

If your website has a shipping setup, you don't need to put in shipping on Paypal. I have a new business too and made the same mistake. I got an order this weekend and he was double billed for shipping, once on my site and once with paypal. Luckily, it was a friend and I just refunded him on Paypal.

If your website has a shipping setup, you don't need to put in shipping on Paypal. I have a new business too and made the same mistake. I got an order this weekend and he was double billed for shipping, once on my site and once with paypal. Luckily, it was a friend and I just refunded him on Paypal.

I am with weebly and no shipping there unless u use paypal or google checkout so i assume i have to set up but i am still puzzled as to how to charge for shipping as far a poundage goes.

you set up like this

.01-5 lbs (you choose these lbs) the enter $ amount 6.00 or whatever

5-10lbs $7.00 ??

not really clear on how to do this cause packages may be smaller and weigh more and then a larger item may weigh less and shipping is more so ...It is really not a poundage thing cause each package is going to be packaged in different size boxes and different weights

I went to a handmade soap and candle website and asked some questions on how they handle shipping and they told me they charge 6.95 shipping on all orders no matter what it is.

how can this work when shipping can be 10-12 dollars for a medium flat rate box?

NT...thanks soo much i did get all the scents in there for my candles...wohoo!!

Edited by katshe

weighing products now...candle weighs 14 oz so i figure 1 lb per candle

Soap let say 6 bars weighs 1lb 8.oz so that small flat rate box will work for that but wont fit a candle so I guess we hope customers order more than one candle cause it has to go in medium flat rate at 10.50 shipping cost ( this fits up to 12 of my candles.)

so figuring by lbs is tough cause 1 lb soap small flat rate box $ 5.20

1 lb candle med flat rate box $ 10.50

Then we have coasters that weigh 2.5 lbs that fit sm flat rate $5.20

Am I over thinking this or missing something?

Edited by katshe

weighing products now...candle weighs 14 oz so i figure 1 lb per candle

Soap let say 6 bars weighs 1lb 8.oz so that small flat rate box will work for that but wont fit a candle so I guess we hope customers order more than one candle cause it has to go in medium flat rate at 10.50 shipping cost ( this fits up to 12 of my candles.)

so figuring by lbs is tough cause 1 lb soap small flat rate box $ 5.20

1 lb candle med flat rate box $ 10.50