Fresh Cut Grass

jonsie

I don't know of any local suppliers here in Australia that have a decent FO that captures that fresh green smell.

I got a sample from Candlechem (the one on eBay) and I really like how it smells, although it gives me a headache.

But TBH, since Chandlechem isn't very informative about their scents on their website, I'd like to shop around, if you know what I mean.

So for a fresh, clean, green grass scent, with no sweetness, no musk... just grass... who's would you recommend that would work in CP and in soy? Really, I'll settle for just one or the other, lol.

I have tried Peaks and although it smells exactly like fresh cut grass it was not strong enough for me. I received a sample of Snowdrfit Farms that smells very good but I have not put it in wax yet to see how it does. That is my weekend project.

Thank you Patty, I would love to hear your comments after you've given it a try.

I had emailed CandleChem and they emailed me back saying their Fresh Cut Grass is safe in soap up to 5%. I might give it a try in a test batch to see what all it does to trace and to the color (it's an icky dark greenish brown).

Me too. I eagerly await your testing results from the SDF version compared to the others.

SDF does not make candle FO's. They easily profess they don't know much about candles and told me so when I went there to buy some FO's. So far, I have not found any adverse effects.

I do know that some FO's from CS or LS or Berts, etc, are formulated for candles and very strong.