Volumizing shampoo

cedar_lea

Does anyone know of a good volumizing shampoo base . . . . or even does anyone sell a good volumizing shampoo?

I'm realizing that I'm almost out of shampoo and wondering if I can indulge my scent-control-freek-ish-ness. I have alot of fine hair in a shaggy textured style and I've noticed that wich shampoo I use makes a big difference.

I did a little bit of research in the shampoo aisle. It seems like wheat protein is the ingrediant that seems to appear in most of the good volumizing shampoos. A couple even advertise it as the key.

So has anyone seen/does anyone make a shampoo with wheat protein. Is that something that one could buy and just use as an additive? I haven't done any net research on this yet.

Thanks for the link. According to that site it looks like Oat Powder is going to be the best ingrediant for the type of volume I like (I need more of a root boost than bodifying curl). On the product details sheet it also calls it Oat Flour. Is this different than the oat flour you can get in the specialty baking section?

If I've interpreted my research right that the oat flour can be used as an additive to a shapoo base. I have no idea how to figure out proportions on this, but it seems like a start to getting the kind of shampoo I want and smell the way I want.

I'm also starting to get the impression that shampoo might be extremely difficult to work with. . . .

I picked up a sample bar from a lady in Longview, but she didn't make any promises and was worried that the glycerine (I think it was glycerine . . . it could have been one of the other ingredients *sigh*) would make it absorb extra moisture & she was right. My hair was nice and puffy for about 2 hours today & then it fell real flat.

I'd be interested in trying. Where do you get yours from?

Glycerin? interesting. I wonder if it was CP shampoo soap and not a syndet?

I make my syndets using SCI as the main solid surfactant, and with oat protein and panthenol. I can send you an ingredients list if you like.

Several Etsy sellers make nice syndets too.

Oh yea. It totally was a shampoo bar. I'm new & didn't know the difference. What is sindet?

How about you just send me a link to yours? I suspect it would involve more chemestry than I'm up to making myself . . . of course I just admitted to knowing nothing so I could be wrong. I'm fine with finding a product I don't have to make myself. I'm just sick of being stuck with "mystery scent chosen by X manufacturer" . . . I mean sure I'd be interested in learning, but I don't really need another project. . . . you know how it goes.

Edited by cedar_lea

It's not difficult, once you figure out how to work with the ingredients. The initial investment is high, but once you get it down and can tweak to make the formula work for your hair it's all worth it.

ETA-Syndet = Synthetic Detergent (which is a bit of a misnomer since most shampoo syndets contain surfactants rather than detergents :))

Edited by TallTayl
Added definition