Mold question

Ok ladies and gents, I have a question for you all concerning pillar molds. To make a long story short, I just got several metal pillar molds in a trade. We made some candles for a lady who wanted them for her daughter. The lady's husband used to make candles before he passed away. Afterwards, the just bagged and boxed up all the stuff and put it in her basement. Now here is where the question is. Most of the molds that I received are in relatively good shape. I did receive a hurricane mold, but know absolutely nothing about it. Is there supposed to be an insert that goes with it? or how does that work? I lucked out big time, because most of the molds are pourette, and range from 2in to 6in molds. Anyway, the main question is bout the hurricane mold... any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The inset for the hurricane mold is usually just a metal tube. You can use a slightly smaller mold to make a hurricane, although it is trickier. You want an inset that is 1" smaller in diameter from the mold you are using.

There are basic instructions for a hurricane on this site.

HTH

The inserts make them easier to do, but you can make them without the insert.

I agree. If you do stuff like flowers, imbeds and such you will want the insert to help hold it all in place, while the wax sets it in place. But for photos, pictures and such, you don't need the insert.

wow.. thanx for the quick reply.. I will check out pourettes site and see if I can get just the insert or see what they suggest.... thanx again :yay:

Candles and supplies has inserts too.....and I think Cindy is running a special on them..but don't hold me to that...LOL.