6006 Froo early american candle supplies

I stopped purchasing from there after the 360 was gone, but if I recall correctly it was always in slab form and the flake waxes were in flake form, of course. I don't remember and strange molded shapes. That's strange. I live an hour away from there. wish they sold something I wanted to use.

They manufacture thousands of candles... i do know this as we have been in there warehouse. The site makes them look very tiny. I was just thrown off when the slabs looked the way they did. So far is burning like 6006. The price is a touch higher than the average but being able to drive there makes a huge savings for us.

Their site says it is sold in 11 pound slabs (the usual way it comes from most resellers). Very weird you got it in unusual form. Makes me think it is recycled, or bought from a candle making company ( do they make candles?). It may be perfectly good, but I would not accept it unless they could provide a very good reason for it. But I am a rather untrusting person sometimes :smiley2:. Let us know what you find out.

Cheers,

Steve

Posted at the same time, they do make candles. Unless they gave me a price break, I would not accept recycled wax. But it is probably good and with no shipping, you can't beat that. Still...

Edited by Wessex

Yeah i was a bit worried too its more like a 5.5 pound slab ( 2 make a standard slab) I questioned John when we went to pick up a few wicks... he showed me the melters.... you want to talk about GIGANTIC...Alls good as long as it continues to perform like 6006. I do have a backup plan and spot testing things every so often and testing every batch. When i was there i kid you not there was at least 10,000 candles in storage and about that many in the retail shop... glass prices are pretty good and can pick up one piece or 500.... ( they got PALLETS of each on hand for you to see... Not to impressed with fragrances though...some are really really good and others poof...

Edited by oakbrookcandles

I totally agree with you both. But SO FAR everything has matched 6006. I do agree that it may go south at anytime but for now its all working well. Still planning on spot checking evrything as i have been and testing each batch.. the cost savings on picking it up still outweigh the additional costs... Closest i can get that in PA is Candlescience... Refuse to do business with candles and supplies again.

Just looked at some suppliers around you. Thought there were more that carried 6006 wax! Don't know what part of PA you are in, but The Candle Maker's Store in Ohio has 6006. Link is to the slab, don't know how much you buy at one time. Price is cheaper, but then of course you have to add in shipping.

http://www.thecandlemakersstore.com/product/WAXJ300SLAB/IGI-6006-Formerly-J-300-Wax-Slab.html

I have never done business with them, so can't vouch for them. I do alot of business with Candlescience, and they are a very good supplier, with great customer service, IMHO. And I do not work for them or have any interest in their business.

HTH,

Steve

I've ordered from The Candlemakers Store and find them to be pretty good. CS is a very good supplier, and closer to me, but doesn't always have everything I need. Plus at TCM, you can buy 1lb bags of their waxes if you want to sample something you don't normally use. Shipping is pretty reasonable and quick and it was packed really good. Only thing from there I didn't care for was their liquid candle dye. Hope that helps.

J

Edited by ProudMarineMom

Thanks for the info steve! Will check them out 6006 is scarce in our area. We tried candlewics soy/para blend cbl 130? meh with it. Been using 6006 for awhile really happy with it but the shipping is a killer. Will def check out candlemakers store. Really wish bacwoods carried it as they are about 20 mins away... hint hint wink wink... Even thought of playing with 223 for that very reason. We used to buy alot from candlerock.com when they were in new kensington but they have since shut the doors....

I do alot of business with Candlescience, and they are a very good supplier, with great customer service, IMHO. And I do not work for them or have any interest in their business.

HTH,

Steve

This is off-topic but with the hundred weight shipping Peaks gives a 20% discount on Hundred weight, Candle Science gives 30% discount. Way to go CS! CS's discount is automatically figured in your shopping cart when you get to 200 lbs. The others you have to ask for the discount. Wish other suppliers would follow CS's example!

Edited by IwantItgreen

Early American Candles is HUGE!

I am pretty sure they have the contract to make all the Glade Candles. They are a really huge company and most of their Business is contract work. They make Candles for multiple companies following that Companies recipe. I have spoken to their owner before, his name slips my mind though. He is a really nice guy. HTH

Oakbrook- you must be really close to me, because I am 10 minutes from Backwoods..if you are 20 minutes away then we can't be more than 30 minutes apart from one another. I use the the CBL 130, but i see you didn't care for it. I wasn't a big fan of the 6006 so I guess it's just a preference. Maybe we could talk Connie into carrying some more waxes????? That would be awesome.

EAC owners name is John and he is a great guy. His wife Susan is nice too. Jennyjo we are south of indiana in Blairsville PA. Probably more ike 30 mins away for us but backwoods said they could meet for a local pickup inIndiana which is awesome.

Oakbrook- you must be really close to me, because I am 10 minutes from Backwoods..if you are 20 minutes away then we can't be more than 30 minutes apart from one another. I use the the CBL 130, but i see you didn't care for it. I wasn't a big fan of the 6006 so I guess it's just a preference. Maybe we could talk Connie into carrying some more waxes????? That would be awesome.

oakbrook-can't believe I have never met you. You are so close to me. A lot of my family lives in Homer City. I am down that way a lot. I have my candles in stores in Homer City and Greensburg. I am going back to school this fall so not sure where that's going to leave my business, but still working at it anyway. Does your candle company have a name? Maybe I have heard of it or tried them. I buy local candles when I get tired of smelling my own, lol.

Willowboo-I think Saxonburg is closer to Pittsburgh right? I know I have heard of that before.

Nice to have some locals!

Edited by jennyjo
spelling

Oakbrook ~ I think I know where you are at. 22 between Pittsburgh & Altoona, right?

I have an off-the-topic question. Where is Mount Whapsie? I know we would drive 22 (Pitt to Altoona) and it was a steep climb. Mom said you could see 7 counties from the top. I guess I could find it if I knew how to spell it correctly. When we took the train we would climb Cresson ... and when we hit the Horseshoe Curve I knew we were close to Grandma's house.

Anyway, there's a good possibility that I'll be going to the Lights & Lather Gathering in MeadowLands this summer. And, since I live so close to Candle Science, I may be able to bring up a load.