Clarus Waxes

Hi Everyone

I am anxiously awaiting my Clarus 3078, 3020 and 3022 samples. Does anyone use these waxes? If so what are your thoughts and what size containers are using? I am looking to use one or two of these waxes in status jars....3" wide.

For J50 users have you tried the 3078 and if so how was it compared to J50? I think the J50 changed to mush since when IGI took it over and I have not been happy with it since.

Thanks!

I have been using the 3022 (70/30 soy) for several years now. I currently use 16 and 8 oz salsa jars and some specialty containers with cd wicking. My favorite quality of this wax is that it normally doesn't require cure time. It adheres extremely well to the container walls and is easy to wick in most containers. I tried other blends but came back to this wax due to its reliability in quality and overall appearance. At this point in time, all waxes are about the same in price but even still it is worth the extra to be able to depend of your wax. HTH.

Steve

Chuck (Steve :)), I'm certain you mean 70 paraffin/30 soy for the Clarus 3022. Isn't that real close to IGI 6006? Have you compared the two? I have the sample 3022, but haven't had time to mess with it. I also have the sample 3020 which is 70 soy/30 paraffin. Do you know of hand who carries the 3020? Thanks

Edited by IwantItgreen

I tried the 3020 in a container and it threw really well with one FO. Got all excited, thinking I had found THE right container wax, but I was wrong. Tried with different FOs and the throw wasn't impressive at all, the hot throw left me cold, lol

I have requested a sample of the 3022 but haven't received it yet.

The 3020 is Clarus' version of 6006 and is a paraffin/soy blend the 3022 is the 70/30 soy/paraffin blend. All I can tell you is that my customers state its the best candle in town and fills the house with fragrance. Most of the time they are buying candles with less than a week of cure time. I use to put a little coconut oil in the wax to improve the ht but at this point in time the wax doesn't require any additives. I'm bad to get these numbers confused but the web site lists these numbers as posted. Considering how busy this season has been, I could be wrong about the whole blooming thing.

Steve

This wax was a huge hit for Greenleaf Candle (no longer in business) a couple of years ago and is now carried by Tennessee Candle Supply as TN 70/30. It is a company based in Texas. I find it to be a reliable product that rarely causes me problems. There aren't many board members using this wax, so you don't hear much about it. Just type in Clarus wax and you should get the web site and then go to candles. HTH.

Steve

I have been using the 3022 (70/30 soy) for several years now. I currently use 16 and 8 oz salsa jars and some specialty containers with cd wicking. My favorite quality of this wax is that it normally doesn't require cure time. It adheres extremely well to the container walls and is easy to wick in most containers. I tried other blends but came back to this wax due to its reliability in quality and overall appearance. At this point in time, all waxes are about the same in price but even still it is worth the extra to be able to depend of your wax. HTH.

Steve

OK I just recieved my waxes! :yay:I poured 3078, 3022 and 3020 in 12oz status jars. 8% fo load of Balsam and Cedar from NG and two drops of dye....nothing else....cant wait to burn these...I hope these waxes workout for me.