Dos!

LuminousBoutique

half... yes, half... of my newest batch of lavender cp DOS'd. This half was sitting on the dresser in my guest room to scent the room while it cured. The other half, left on my curing rack in my work room, no DOS.

curiouser and curiouser. watching the other 6 very carefully but so far no sign of DOS on these six. So frustrating!

Ok Luminous, I'm going to ask a stupid question. I don't do CP soap so not familiar with all of the terms. But, what is DOS? :confused:

I'm a code monkey, so to me it either means Disk Operating System or Denial of Service. Pretty sure neither of those two apply to soap. I'm sure it will be perfectly obvious once you tell me...

no isbennis sorry i dont have any.. I tossed the batch before i thought of taking a pic of it, but basically they are eraser sized orange blotches in the soap, kinda like if mold was growing on bread. On some soaps you wouldnt even notice it i think..

Lorrie thats interesting... i wondered why this particular batch did it and none of my others have.. very weird!

Does anyone have a picture of DOS, I have never seen it and or have been lucky enough so far not to encounter it on my soap. :confused:

http://0.tqn.com/d/candleandsoap/1/G/k/L/dos.JPG

It's usually caused by rancid oils, not mixing well enough, humidity, tap water, sunlight, low shelf life oils or too much superfat. Most of the time, it just makes the soap ugly though, doesn't really affect how it performs.

Edited by Scentery

yep totally fine to use.. but i wouldnt sell it. I just tossed it because I have about 700 bars of soap laying around.. no use for half a DOS batch, even for personal use lol

This might be a bit late, but how about donating them next time ^_^ Before I moved, I'd send all my uglies to http://www.cleantheworld.org

They're not picky about what they get either... will even take used soaps and recycle them.