Scentsy melter question

Kimb

Has anyone been having trouble with soy melts melting completely in the large scentsy pots (she used two squares) or the plug-in melters(I think she used 1 square). :sad2: I have a customer at work who is having problems. I have sold hundreds of melts (and testing a ton) and have never had a problem. I have even had feedback from other Scentsy customers saying there not having any problems.

I would like to hear if anyone else is having problems.

TIA,

Kim

I had a customer who used a scentsy warmer and for some reason my melts wouldn't melt all the way, like around the sides of the bowl. I finally figured out why. She had the warmer almost right under a ceiling fan. And the only reason I figured that out was because I had my warmer (not scentsy) sitting nearly under the ceiling fan and it was doing the exact same thing. The sides looked all funky and not completely melted. So not sure if that maybe an issue or not but it was for me. And so I solved the mistery of the scentsy warmer LOL

I have that problem. I have 2 Scentsy warmers, and in both I have a tough time melting my tarts; it's as if the wax I use is too hard or else the Scentsy warmer doesn't get warm enough. :sad2: So I just use the plain, ugly plate warmers from walmart, and the Scentsy warmers just sit there looking pretty, lol

If I may blow my own horn, please..... I have 3 friends who sell Scentsy. I asked them to try my tarts. Now they use my tarts in their warmers, only and nothing BUT my tarts, yay!!!:yay:.

So far, none of them has complained about the wax not melting completely. However, it happens with the Scentsy warmer I have... perhaps it's an older model? :confused:

Don't know what the melt point of my wax is, but I will go to the website and try to find out; if I do, I will post.

We use 4 full size Scentsy warmers in different parts of our house and my son put in an entire clam shell of Pink Sugar (he loves, haha) in his full size warmer that is at least a year old the other night and it melted faster than Scentsy wax. The wax was uniformly melted throughout and excellent scent throw however it was 60/40 IGI 4794 GB464. I have not had much luck with 100% soy using Scentsy warmers which is why I switched to a mix.

After the Christmas season, I plan on experimenting more with their wax and warmers, and my wax & thermometers to see exactly what is going on but I think their stuff is over rated and over priced.

Edited by Shewill5
Brain dead......

I have had issues my Scentsy warmers as well. If I used a harder wax like a pillar or votive wax the tart won't melt and I can barely smell it. Straight soy doesn't do that great either. But a blend or lower melt point wax works great. Mine are brand new so I would think the bulbs would be too but you never know. Their clamshells are over priced and I'd rather make my own but I do love their warmers. I bought one of the Better Homes and Gardens warmers and so far haven't had any issues with it. It's one of their holiday ones so I've just now started using it.