Snowflakes in Soap block?

MarsBars

I just opened a 2 lb block of SFIC Shaving Soap an noticed what appears to be hundreds what can only be described as tiny snowflakes in the block. I melted a small slice down and now it that portion seems to be opaque and no longer clear. I went to check on the remaining blocks I have and sure enough they are all this way! Does anyone know what causes this?

When the bases are poured they can get a soapy bubbly residue that forms and dries right in the packaging. So when you unpackage the soap block you may see these sticky 'flakes' come off the block. The larger the block the more soapy residue or flakes will dry on the it. Its normal.

I just cut up the blocks flakes and all and put right into my soap meltor. I've never seen them cause the base to change color but then I use all white bases.

Is the SFIC shaving base white or clear? If its clear and the flakes are creating an opacity when melted just scrape off the flakey layer.

The snowflakes are not only on the surface of the block, but embedded throughout the entire block. I always scrape off the foam but I have never seen these "snowflakes" (literally look like beautiful snowflakes) embedded in the block. I melted the first small portion and went from a clear shaving soap to an opaque soap. I just melted a larger portion (1 lb) to see when it solidifies if it will turn white/opaque and not stay clear. I'm wondering what causes this? Is it safe to use?