Glutton for Punishment

Where did you get your heart shaped tins? Look at you Christmas isn't here yet and you're already looking ahead at Valentines.:laugh2:I wish I could be that organized.

What wicks are you using? and the diameter of that jar and the tin (approx)?

I have been watching the one I am testing now. So far so good. I am also gonna make a wickless out of one of them and let it sit and see If one of my stronger FO's causes them to rust. I try out many tests before I would even sell any of my candles. I allways worrie about saftey first. I want them to be safe and burn as If I was the one buying them. Oh and yes those are the ones. Thanks for the heads up :cheesy2:

Edited by Dolphin146

• 2 weeks later...

So far I have tested 3 different scents in these tins. I use a 50/50 wax. I think I have finally found the right wick. Just need to test one more when my wicks get here. So far the tins don't leak and have gotten no rust on them. I really like them they make very nice candles. I can't wait to finish testing with my new wicks. :yay: Oh and I haven't tried them as a wickless yet.

Edited by Dolphin146

these? http://www.papermart.com/Product%20Pages/Product.aspx?GroupID=21034&SubGroupID=21022#21022

Watch out, they aren't lined with anything so some FOs will cause them to rust or discolor.

This is what worried me. What about long term use, with the candles made up and sitting for any time before they go to there permanent home. I guess I'm not sure if you are selling them.

I would do a test for a long period of time to see what happens. Don't want to be a downer. They are really cute:yay:

Good for you, I hope they work out. Those containers are so cute I might have to order some. I would also like to find a smaller glass heart. I think I did a search a while back and just kept hitting a brick wall. I had some of those huge ones from DT and took them back, they were way to big, what was I thinkin:laugh2::laugh2:If you come across any glass hearts please let us know.

Now just look at me I'm starting to think Valentines and Christmas isn't here yet.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Yup I would love to find some small glass hearts also. But so far I haven't found any LOL. I know what you mean about doing valentines day before christmas is here :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: I will keep everyone posted on how these tins hold up over time with the FO. santa big

Good work, I am happy it is working out for you.

Thanks :cheesy2: But with candle making you never know whats gonna happen. You can test and test and have a good thing going then all of of sudden whammo for some reason it's not working. I think thats why I love candle making so much It is allways a challenge. And I just love a good challenge LOL santa big

Edited by Dolphin146