My lips are so chapped and dry, I need a good lip recipe

RWV

I'm looking for an excellent lip balm recipe. It seems like some tend to dry the lips even more so over time.

I thought about just combining shea butter and jojoba oil and pouring into a little lip balm pot, but that may not be the best route. I've got tubes and would rather use them than the pot anyway, but I'm open because my lips are in such need of moisture.

I've got all kinds of ingredients on hand and I'm not allergic to any oils or butters.

Any suggestions on an excellent moisturizing lip balm recipe?

Thank

• 2 months later...

OK, made the lip balm and have been using for weeks. The recipe seems wonderful, but I'm still not getting smooth moist lips. I even exfoliate the dry skin at night so the lip balm can do it's job. I re-apply every 20-30 minutes because the lip balm disappears.

I used 1.5oz. beeswax, 1 oz. shea butter, 1 oz. kokum butter, 1.5 oz. jojoba oil, 1 oz. SAO, and 1/4 tsp. vitamin E oil.

Should I have used different oils or butters? Are there oils and butters that are better suited for lips than skin? Also, do my proportions look appropriate for what I'm trying to achieve? Thanks for your help!!

I like using Avocado oil - it absorbs nicely. Also, adding a little Castor will give the balm a good glide. The bees wax will make it sticky.

Not if you use the appropriate amt!

Avocado, Babassu and Emu are good oils for lipbalms.