Two Scentsy Partially Used Bars

twincityjade

I was just browsing under the household section of Craigslist looking for a washer and dryer for my daughters apartment when I see the heading ...... (Two Scentsy Partially Used Bars) I busted out laughing before I clicked to see what this was all about. My stomach hurts and I literally have tears running down my face. I can barely type to share this. Heading....... Two Scentsy Partially Used Bars..........I have the 3.2 oz size "Mad About Mint" & "Grape Granita" scents. The mint has two blocks missing and the grape has one. These were just not scents I ended up liking.They were 5.00 new. Make me a reasonable offer. I am willing to ship-you pay the shipping..............I needed a laugh like this!!!!!!!! I feel great.

I think it's the fact that someone would go through the effort to list these on Craigslist is the funny part?

Exactly. Plus the fact that someone might actually consider going through the effort of buying it. I would give the soap away or tolerate using it.

I'm lost too? I didn't think they sell soap? If it is the wax clamshells,..I would buy them even if a cube was out. My wholesale acct. lady sells my products at a clearance price, if they get damaged or the labels gets messed up. Why not if a cube is missing (because they didn't like the scent)?

People put the weirdest stuff on Craigslist!!! I once saw a used lot of potty training underwear, ya you can bleach but gross! I don't see how she can sell them, make a couple of dollars and get someone to pay shipping....lol. Lots of work there.

When I was a baby, my mom had a diaper service...which meant (back in Dec'72-Dec'73) I had cloth diapers that were through a service...meaning "shared" or recycled, or reused diapers. This was considered the top method prior to Pampers; which my Mom switched to for convenience when she moved out of the Metro area. Is a diaper service appalling? What is wrong with recycling? How dirty and gross are most babies? I used to feel that way, but once you have one, are an auntie or uncle to one, truly love one...your hygiene issues will dissipate.

Best,

B

I don't think the twincityjade meant to throw anything away, but how about giving it away. Who in their right mind would post two used scentsy bars on craigslist. Why would someone want to make a reasonable offer for them and pay shipping? Then what if the person wants to pick them up. I don't know about you but I don't need strangers coming around to make $5 or less bucks. Times are not that tough. And if they are that tough they shouldn't be buying scentsy.

Give them away is the point. No one is complaining about recycling.

I also had cloth diapers as a baby but don't understand what that has to do with used scentsy bars.

edit to add: twincityjade....that was a funny post..at least to me.

Edited by chrisinpa
adding last comment

When I was a baby, my mom had a diaper service...which meant (back in Dec'72-Dec'73) I had cloth diapers that were through a service...meaning "shared" or recycled, or reused diapers. This was considered the top method prior to Pampers; which my Mom switched to for convenience when she moved out of the Metro area. Is a diaper service appalling? What is wrong with recycling? How dirty and gross are most babies? I used to feel that way, but once you have one, are an auntie or uncle to one, truly love one...your hygiene issues will dissipate.

Best,

B

I was not talking about babies but 3T/4T sized underwear ad on Craigslist, think of the stains.... Diaper services are wonderful because they can clean things out that our household washers cannot, even if soaked overnight in bleach and Tide.

Why not give stuff away rather than list it on Craig's list? The ad for 2 used Scenty bars is comical :) Think of the dumb phone calls she is going to get....lol

Thanks for the laugh.